Patient Dining Assistant- Food Service, (36 hrs/wk)
Provides meal assistance, including meal selection, service and retrieval, to patients on a daily basis based on physician''s diet orders. Accurately serves food and beverages to patients in accordance with the patient''s diet prescription. Verbally communicates patient concerns with the clinical dietitian i.e. education needs, inadequate meal consumption. Calculates patient calorie counts when ordered by physician.
Consistently demonstrates support of the SRAlab statement of Mission and Philosophy by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
Demonstrates SRAlab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
1. Assists patients with making appropriate daily menu selections.
2. Prepares, assembles and delivers patient meal trays and snacks in accordance to physician diet orders.
3. Calculates modified diets/fluid restrictions, calories, etc. for meals only.
4. Stocks the pantries on the nursing units with patient food.
5. Performs assorted kitchen duties including sanitation, set-up and completing temperature logs.
6. Utilizes computer to generate patient diet orders and process snacks and tube feedings.
7. Utilizes Cerner to clarify diet orders.
8. Collaborates with dietitians to address patient nutrition concerns.
This position reports to the Patient Services Supervisor
1. High school diploma or equivalent education.
2. Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex, and/or to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question.
3. Full use and application of basic diet information. Able to successfully complete training and to achieve passing score on all competency tests.
4. Requires basic computer skills.
5. The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, positive working relationships with patients, supervisors, nursing and ancillary staff, and managers.
6. The ability and willingness to be aware of, understand, respect, and value the diverse cultural, ethnic, gender, age, educational, professional, etc. backgrounds and styles of others and to adapt one-s own behavior based on that understanding.
7. The ability and willingness to provide excellent service to patients and clients (the customers). This includes seeking to meet customer needs, expectations, and demands quickly and effectively; remaining calm and professional when dealing with difficult customers; receiving complaints from customers and taking action to remedy the complaint; and treating the customer as valuable.
8. The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, and passion when working. These include demonstrating commitment, persistence, and heightened personal effort in the face of obstacles and adversity; pursuing excellence for self and organization; having a sense of urgency; and possessing ambition.
9. The ability to work productively and effectively in a fast paced, stressful, demanding, and/or ambiguous work environment.
10. The ability to speak clearly and politely to management, associates, and patients when conveying information, using correct grammar when speaking and not using slang terms; and targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
1. Kitchen, Office, and patient floor/room environment with occasional exposure to high noise levels and hazards due to slippery floors, hot environment in food productions areas.
2. Occasional (<10>
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.