Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Outreach Associate
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient's communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
The position of an Outreach Associate (OA) is an entry level sales position with the goal of adding new patients to an Oak Street Health center. As part of the Outreach team, the OA follows up on warm leads, attends events to meet prospective patients, and schedules those prospective patients for their initial welcome visit appointment with Oak Street Health.
Why this a great opportunity for you?
- You can start a new career with one of the fastest-growing companies in healthcare
- You will become an expert in the Healthcare domain
- Once tenured at Oak Street Health, your resume will boast expertise: Salesforce, Medicare, Health Insurance Plans, Insurance Eligibility, and Sales Closing techniques to name a few
- Your sales efforts are part of a rewarding mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be
- Participate in a variety of outreach/marketing activities and events in the local community, including health fairs, presentations at senior buildings, activities at churches and food pantries, and any place where older adults may benefit from learning about Oak Street service offerings
- Canvassing, or going door to door, in the neighborhoods we are located in
- Coordinate all aspects of generating prospective patient leads, from gathering contact information to following up and inviting prospective patients to tour Oak Street community centers
- Follow up on warm leads generated from our Call Center
- Sign up eligible prospects to attend a welcome visit with our doctor and care team to experience the Oak Street Health care model
- Follow up on patients that may have missed their first appointment
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for
We are looking for talented and competitive Outreach Associates who want to start a career with a rapidly growing company. The successful candidate will play an important role in achieving our ambitious patient acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
- Above all we are looking for a person with a great attitude, ambition, and work ethic
- 1-3 years of experience working in a sales or community outreach position
- Someone who is driven by a performance-based compensation model where part of your total pay is determined upon meeting a quota and achieving goals
- Availability to work some weekends, as, due to the flexible hours and nature of the position, Outreach Associates generally work at least two Saturdays or weekend events per month.
- Computer proficiency- must be able to learn and adapt to various computer systems used in this role
- Access to a vehicle that you can use every day to drive to events and activities in the community is required. Mileage is reimbursed
- Familiarity with Customer Relations Management (CRM) systems is preferred
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where required in the job title)
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky“
What does being “Oaky“ look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Competitive benefits; including paid vacation/sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.