MedVet is a fast-growing Emergency and Specialty provider with practices nationwide. We help our patients receive advanced medical treatments and innovations. Things like chemotherapy and radiation, cardiac ablations, treatments for glaucoma, physical rehabilitation, dermatology and so much more! We are looking for collaborative and driven people to join our clinical team.
We thrive on people living out our core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion to get their job done. Use your passion to drive the MedVet experience for our clients and patients, as well as your teammates.
We are looking for:
Ophthalmology Scheduling Coordinator
You can expect to schedule and coordinate all appointments and meetings, answer incoming referral partner calls and liaison between MedVet departments. You'll help coordinate the flow of the day, process prescription fill requests and work with medical documentation.
What you’ll do:
- Check and log voicemails (if any).
- Answer and respond to all phone calls from clients, Referral Partners and Pharmacies, log all conversations.
- Answer incoming calls as back up to the switchboard coordinator.
- Call for referral information on new/recheck patient appointments.
- Coordinate with clinical team and update departmental schedule calendar.
- Check for incoming referral faxes at the front desk and/or communication center.
- Organize records in hard charts for next day specialty appointments.
- Check appointment email throughout the day.
- Email any electronic records/xrays to perspective department and all xrays to radiology.
- Fax referral letters (depending on location)
- Make copies if needed: Client handouts, cage sheet change forms
- Call clients to remind of appointments & drop-offs for the next day
- Monitor supplies needed for the department
- Clean and stock areas as needed
Who you are:
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team and autonomously.
- Ability to remain composed in stressful and emergency situations.
- Flexible about working additional hours when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Client service skills and phone etiquette.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinking skills
Perks and Benefits include:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Vision and Dental
- HSA, FSA and Independent Care Spending
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) beginning on your first day
- Shift Differentials and On-call Pay
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Pet Discounts and Pet Insurance
- Elective Short-Term Disability, Life and Accident Insurance and company paid Long Term Disability
- Continuing Education Opportunities and Assistance Program
- Strong career growth and personal development opportunities
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
MedVet does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters