Salary: Salary will be based on experience. Team: Sales Account Management Location: Chicago - USA
The National Account Manager – TV Channel will execute and drive a retail sales plan for QVC and HSN that will result in delivery of sales and profit growth of existing and new Dyson products.
Develop joint business plans for QVC and HSN
- Seek consensus and approval from internal stakeholders for proposed plans; negotiate with accounts to company's position, maximizing profit outcomes.
- Achieve sales, profit and inventory goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment. Analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to solve problems proactively with customer and team.
Develop and manage relationships with QVC and HSN
- Represent Dyson to the trade; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson principles.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers to best manage the business. Create positive working relationships across all levels of their organizations. Problem solve issues to achieve profitable outcomes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of customers; ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally.
- Establish and execute plans regarding distribution, merchandising, pricing, and product placement including negotiating contracts, trading terms, and various programs.
- Make regular visits to customer head offices and, if appropriate, accompany customers to the UK to Dyson head office to cement joint business plans.
Develop and manage relationships and processes with established customer team and internal business partners.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers. Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business.
- Work with Marketing, Finance, and Channel to develop exclusive products and range.
- Work with Logistics to execute bundles locally and reduce QVC and HSN corporate charges.
- Work with Marketing and Product Claims and Performance Manager to substantiate on-air claims.
- Accountability for all business processes related to the position, for example accounts receivable, legal, customer service, and all related administrative due diligence.
Contribute to Dyson and National Account Sales Team Success
- Serve as an active and high performing member of the team.
- Identify problems and find solutions. Think outside of the box.
- Be able to challenge self and others in accepting the norm, while working towards best practices.
- Suggest process improvement. Work as a team towards solutions by sharing knowledge, expertise, and new ways of working.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Seek out assessment and growth opportunities. Strive for personal excellence.
- Act with urgency to make the most of opportunities and accomplish goals and objectives of business.
- Develop expertise in all Dyson products.
Serve as a Dyson People Manager
- Develop and manage two direct reports:
- Account Manager – TV Channel
- TV Channel Host - QVC
- Develop and manage two indirect reports:
- Media One – On Air Media Production Partner
- TV Channel Host – HSN (contractor)
- Full driver's license with good driving record
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50lbs
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- 7+ years' experience in premium brand national account sales and account management calling on national retailers
- Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, trade marketing, category management, and financial analysis required
- Strong proven track record of budget/quota delivery
- Experience being an active and high performing member of a team
- Demonstrate the ability to penetrate the appropriate customer, customer team, and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for channels, retailers, and products
- Proven ability to positively influence buyers and management level decision makers to achieve customer business volume plan
- Well-developed conflict resolution skills
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment - ability to determine short and longer term sustainable outcomes rooted in analysis. Ability to provide insights to POS trends within account base
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels
- Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities
- Excellent presentation and influence skills
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Ability to accurately forecast demand
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrate competency with internal and syndicated systems, data and content organization to support the needs of sales management
- Passion for the technology, and hunger to develop successful customer team
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects
- Low personal ego; high team ego to succeed
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, diligent, conscientious
- Accountable – takes ownership of business, customers, and relationships
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you'll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it's an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.