If you are a smart, motivated and intellectually driven professional with a passion for commercial real estate (CRE) and finance, Freddie Mac Multifamily is the employer for you. The nation's greatest and most innovative secondary market Multifamily mortgage lender and issuer of securitized fixed-income with an annual platform exceeding $70 billion is looking to add an Underwriting Analyst to its Central Region.
From value-add to lease-up, construction take-out, pre-stabilized and stabilized, Freddie Mac Multifamily offers products that span the commercial real estate financing life-cycle and the spectrum of multifamily property types from Class-A mixed-use multi-tenant high-rises in our nation's downtown urban cores to suburban garden-style conventional assets, dedicated student housing properties and manufactured housing communities (MHCs).
The Underwriting Senior Analyst will be based in the company's Chicago, IL office located in the Loop. The hired candidate will work on a deal team and will be responsible for assisting the team's underwriters in evaluating and documenting risks associated with proposed multifamily loans.
If you are an analytical team player who is interested in intellectual challenges and helping create, preserve and improve multifamily housing, you are invited to join our dynamic and exciting organization.
Your work is largely categorized two ways:
- Assist in the evaluation of sponsor counterparty credit risk and creditworthiness and overall property-level operational and economic performance for proposed multifamily loans.
- Analyze balance sheets and property-level historical operating statements as well as third-party reports including real estate appraisals, engineering, environmental and zoning reports.
- Audit and verify the accuracy of submitted underwriting package due diligence documentation.
- Work with deal team to prepare investment briefs and asset summary reports (ASRs) for loan approval and Freddie Mac loan commitment.
- Apply company principles and policies and use critical thought to complete assigned tasks accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
- Collaborate and communicate daily with external and internal business partners including Production, Legal and Capital Markets to solve problems as they arise through the underwriting process to achieve shared success.
- Typically has 1 to 3 years of directly related professional experience, preferably in multifamily or commercial real estate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Position requires up to 10% travel.
Keys to Success in this Role
- Strong interest in a commercial real estate career.
- Strong work ethic.
- Team player.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Customer Focus – Engage with internal and external business partners to deliver as promised.
- Partnership – Work effectively across teams to achieve company and customer objectives.
- Drive for Execution – Focus on results rather than the appearance of results.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.