Mobile App Architect (Remote with travel)
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values- relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
TEKsystems is dedicated to leading and advancing the digital transformation interests of our customers. The Mobile Practice Architect plays a critical role by providing leadership and expertise with their knowledge and experience in Mobile technologies including Android/IoS, HTML5/PHP, Native Development, React, Xamarin, UX/UI toolsets, enterprise integrations, and related technologies.
Key Accountabilities and Priorities
Leads Mobile/Digital projects and engagements through the initial discovery and analysis of functional and non-functional requirements, the design of conceptual and logical architectures, leveraging the most up-to-date technologies and platforms.
Responsible for the team's adherence to Best of Breed architectural direction and standards including the design, documentation, and implementation of components, software, and layers related to the Mobile solutions and the integrations with back-end systems and services.
Assists project team with interviewing, hiring, and on-boarding of team members. Mentors and coaches team members in design, coding, and software engineering practices throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
Performs client relationship management through
* Acting as a Mobile Architect " technology & process consultant"
* Participation in Advisory & Steering meetings
* Coaching through change management activities related to Mobile solution implementations
* Involvement with budgeting cycles
Participate in pre-sales activities, including opportunity qualification (size, technology fit, delivery location, risk), development of proposed architecture, scope and estimation of work.
Work with Pre-Sales team to understand client business and technical requirements and assist in proposal preparation, development and delivery.
Work with Digital Director to define and design services and offerings related to Mobile development and the React suite of tools. Create and maintain practice offerings and artifacts that document key methods, processes and delivery tools.
Assist in the research of new capabilities and features and analyze competing offerings to ensure the practice is current and competitive within the market.
Required Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree /4-year college degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
* 2+ years of experience as an Mobile Architect designing Mobile solutions.
* 5+ years of experience in developing Content Management Systems including features such as multi-site and multi-channel delivery, personalization / targeting, content aggregation and syndication, multi-lingual support, automated workflow management and social media.
* 10+ years' experience designing, delivering and deploying Software solutions with focus on Responsive Web development and mobile with technologies like Java/J2EE.
* Experience with Analytics, Mobile Services and LiveCycle.
* Experience working with an Agile methodology and iterative development.
* Experience with practices such as unit testing, static analysis, and build automation.
* Well versed with different technologies like Java, Java Script, jQuery, HTML5, JSP, XML and web services development using RESTful implementations. Must be able to still code.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
* Have strong interpersonal skills such as effective listening, empathy, patience and the ability to interface with customers.
* Must be able to code when required
* Ability to quickly understand business and technical context in diverse customer environments.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work effectively across an organization.
* Ability to effectively document/design complex software design approaches and suggests alternative solutions.
* Ability to provide leadership, prioritize/assign tasks and influence outcomes in matrixed teams.
* Ability to report team metrics of tasks assigned/completed (when applicable).
* Team player with ability to work individually.
* "Embrace the Unknown" ability - Desire to continually learn and explore new tools, concepts and ideas and then share them with the rest of the team.
*this role requires up to 50% travel
Nice to Have Skills and Qualifications
* Experience with continuous integration, build and source management strategies (e.g. branching patterns) and tools such as Git, Jenkins and Circle CI including configuration, deployment and orchestration patterns
Experience with developing artifacts, accelerators, frameworks, and collaterals around Mobility solutions.
Knowledge of other CMS tools like SharePoint, Drupal, Documentum and others.
* Experience with React Native
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.