Managing Director, Alternative Investments
Our newly formed Wealth & Advice Solutions (WAS) organization will drive our strategy to create an integrated Wealth and Advice Solutions business and prioritize the investments we make in them. We have consolidated our organization, the leadership, expertise and execution efforts with one roadmap for wealth management at Schwab. WAS consists of several wealth and advice-oriented business areas, including Investor Advice Solutions, Third-Party Platforms, Digital Advice & Planning, and Schwab Charitable.
The Managing Director, Alternative Investments (AI) will be a part of the Third-Party Platform organization, and will be responsible for Schwab's AI platform, including the existing set of offers within Advisor Services as well as the Investor Services offer currently being built. This MD will lead the team responsible for building a world class Alternative Investment experience for Schwab’s clients, delivering a complete, competitive and relevant third-party product offering across both channels, to ensure Schwab is able to meet their wide-ranging investing needs. This leader will be accountable for setting the strategic direction and defining the future scope and opportunities for this critical product platform, ensuring it evolves and grows to best meet the needs of both our clients and our firm. S/he will be responsible for developing and launching new offers as appropriate to meet business and client needs, including the creation of a new Alternative Investments platform for our highest value, UHNW retail clients.
What you are good at
The Managing Director, Alternative Investments will work closely with both internal and external leaders across the MD level to ensure alignment on the most effective ways for this platform to meet client and firm needs, and to drive meaningful results against goals. More specifically, this individual will:
- Lead a diverse team in achieving product/ platform objectives fully aligned with not only Wealth & Advice Solutions (WAS) organizational goals, but those of our AS and IS partners as well. This will require strong communications and relationships with these partners, with the ability to both listen effectively and persuade towards progress.
- Drive toward “win-win” solutions by effectively collaborating with internal and external individuals, groups and firms who often have disparate objectives.
- Be the voice of Schwab in the AI industry, advocating for Schwab firm and client needs, and effectively leveraging the power of Schwab to negotiate with asset managers creating the greatest benefit to our firm and our clients.
- Develop and deliver presentations to senior management and large, diverse audiences including the Wealth and Advice Solutions Leadership Team, Advisor Services and Investor Services.
- Work closely with Legal and Compliance, Advisor Services and Investor Services Sales partners, Client Experience, Operational Services and other third-party and proprietary Product Management stakeholders, in order to gather information, drive platform offer development/optimization, and implement strategies, to meet the needs of both AS and IS clients.
- Oversee the strategy and product leadership to ensure they are effectively managed, compliant, and adhere to all regulatory requirements.
What you have
- 15+ years of leading strategic efforts across multiple products and platforms within a diversified financial services environment of similar scale and complexity.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex products inside of large financial services firm. Deep knowledge of alternative investment vehicles, industry, and regulatory environment.
- Ability to build strong relationships through collaboration across multiple levels of the organization, motivating colleagues to get things done effectively; is sought out for counsel and feedback and contributes to cross-functional teams and initiatives.
- Purpose driven leader who displays confidence and courage in business and talent decisions, actions and communications with a demonstrated ability to take decisive action when needed including championing ideas, position or dissent.
- Ability to lead multiple project teams and cultivate a strong working relationship with diverse stakeholders across the enterprises, Finance, Legal and Compliance.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and overseeing teams with varied strengths
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity and senior level executive presence.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability developing materials and effectively presenting to executive audiences
- Thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong relationships inside and outside advancing the goals and the future of the company; highly collaborative; comfortable with debate and willing to challenge the status quo; navigates and activates alignment across organizational silos and upward 2+ levels
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.