Manager Inpatient Access - (RN required) Admitting, Full-time
The Manger, Inpatient Access will assist with implementing, evaluating, and driving changes in all aspects of the referral management and admission functions. The Manger, Inpatient Access, with other Inpatient Access Leadership, ensures financial, volume, and quality targets based on relevant market data/market intelligence, regulatory/compliance, satisfaction, and other benchmark data. Assists with driving the performance of the inpatient access function to meet targets including: referrals/admissions, referral management, financial acceptance/clearance, bed management/patient placement and admission processes. Assures systems for communication and the integration of people, technology, processes, policies and procedures into practice that will ensure safe, quality patient care, meet regulatory compliance, support and grow positive referral relationships.
The Manager, Inpatient Access will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Manager, Inpatient Access will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Manager, Inpatient Access will:
- Assure alignment of access objectives and goals among key constituents.
- Assist with establishing strategic plans through utilization of regulatory/compliance, satisfaction, admitting data, market data/market intelligence, and other benchmark data.
- Process and communicate the status of patient’s medical and financial clearance, bed assignment, room turnaround, etc. to all key constituents via electronic means.
- Assure the coordination of care and support processes organizing communications during inpatient stays, as well as processes that accelerate discharge planning and the fulfillment of post-discharge care requirements.
- Execute referral development plans to achieve volume targets by overseeing the maintenance of the data repository and referral tracking system.
- Assure staff compliance with timely and accurate documentation of referrals and outcomes using enterprise referral tracking system.
- Design, implement and evaluate initiatives to support achievement of targets in-patient, referrer and internal stakeholder outcomes and satisfaction.
- Implement and deliver on annual budget targets while meeting quality and safety goals.
- Seek, recommend and initiate cost savings and/or revenue enhancing initiatives.
- Implement processes that assure the provision of timely response to all referrals on medical acceptance, and to internal teams receiving admissions.
- Assist with developing recruitment and retention strategies to attract qualified staff.
- Foster the development of staff through mentorship, continuing education, and other professional or educational opportunities.
- Assure staff competency and actively coach staff.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to the Director, Inpatient Access
- Education consistent with a registered PT, OT, SLP, RN or Social Worker in the state of Illinois with previous clinical experience.
- Three to five years of professional management experience, including quality of care responsibility.
- Proven business development skills with a strong customer-service orientation.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Requires a forward-thinking, proactive and results-oriented leader.
- Interpersonal skills needed to effectively provide leadership with all levels of staff.
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills needed to assess existing programs/processes, drive business development, and develop new programs/initiatives.
- Computer skills required in word processing, Excel, and databases.
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.