About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As GTI’s Manager, Facilities & Office, you will be responsible for supporting GTI’s operations by leading our facilities and workplace through office renovations, project management working with designers, architects, special planners, and our internal Office Manager, People team, and Executive team. We are looking to bring a progressive approach with a focus on blending comfort and flexibility to drive a collaborative workspace, creativity, wellness and being truthful to our cannabis roots.
Our ideal candidate will think big-picture but knows that ultimately, success is in the details. You can implement an overall strategy for Office and Facilities support for our growing and evolving needs. You enjoy providing crucial administrative support to all different areas of our company and be eager to roll up your sleeves whenever an extra pair of hands is needed; no job is too big, too small, too early or too late. Your strengths include remaining calm and positive under pressure, managing multiple competing priorities and constantly re-prioritizing in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You are proactive, accountable, resourceful and most importantly, passionate about applying creative solutions and constant support to create and foster a workplace our employees love and will thrive.
- Provide and lead project management for new office space construction, consolidation and optimization of existing space to support business requirements
- Manage all phases of the project including the budget, scope, planning and design, scheduling and construction and communication for all projects to completion
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes including evacuation plans, safety plans, etc.
- Lead and manage the Office team (Office Manager) and provide back-up, as needed to ensure an exceptional workplace experience for 100+ local employees (and growing!)
- Oversee and manage all GTI Chicago HQ services in partnership with key partners, such as VP, People, CPO, CEO, CSO, CFO, on initiatives and projects including: food and beverage vendor management, budget, and maintenance, office equipment, space planning & optimization, and office relocation – anything office and facilities-related – including benchmarking and performing ongoing evaluations
- Highly accountable for the facilities day-to-day operations which is primarily owned by the Office Manager, and making marginal improvements on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate, as necessary, with our IT department for employee needs, coordination of moves and setup, assets tracking, repairs and maintenance of our office equipment
- Strategically define the budget and forecast plans for any and all internal and external office moves, including liaising with employees, building staff, contractors, furniture providers; maintain office move records including cost analysis, recording invoices, seating charts, etc.
- Act as primary contact for the building and the needs of the GTI team as it relates to:
- Landlord and site management
- Ensure lease compliance
- Freight elevator reservations for incoming shipments for teams, ensuring proper COI requirements meet building standards
- Responsible for the overall safety and security of the team and building
- Primary contact for late-night / early morning phone calls regarding building access, potential security breach & employee errors
- Relay necessary security issues to appropriate people; CEO, police and the building
PEOPLE TEAM & PROGRAMMING
- Partner with the People team to curate new and refreshing ideas to maintain or upgrade our offerings in the HQ office by sourcing new vendors, negotiating terms to provide for not only the HQ team but our other sites and locations, as applicable
- 5+ years administrative or office management experience with an emphasis on facilities and property management, experience in progressive office environments, preferred
- 2+ years managing a team
- Able to independently multi-task, efficiently prioritize, and hold team members (Event and Office Manager and Receptionist) accountable
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, project management, strategic planning and communication skills are required
- Exude positivity and empathy, all while being a team player and a leader in the organization
- Establish strong working relationship and communication with various levels and locations within the organization
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions independently
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Be extremely detail oriented, picking up on small nuances and conversations to provide excellent service and care (In fact, if you see this, include “I am the CANNA-BEST candidate for the Office Manager role at GTI)
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- This role will require to be present during office hours; 8-8:30a to 5:30-6p and must have flexibility to be available for off-hours projects for building or office maintenance (early as 5:30a and as late as 10:30p)
- Able to stand for 4+ hours per day and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.