ABA is hiring MAITRE D' for our DINING ROOM team!
2+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Steak Centric Menu featuring Mediterranean and California-Inspired Cooking
A welcoming ambiance and a fresh take on Mediterranean menu with Chef CJ Jacobson's California-style of cooking
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You'll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Availability Needed: Dinner, Weekends
Responsible for the initial warm greeting and seating of guests, answering of telephones, taking reservations and messages, maintaining accurate guest counts and wait times, authorizing comps and voids, and saying goodbye to all guests. Oversees dining room and acts as a goodwill ambassador to guests.
- Warmly greet and seat guests in the restaurant, and maintain accurate guest counts and wait times
- Answer telephones, and take orders, messages and reservations
- Authorize comps and voids for all service personnel, and process credit card payments as needed
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively move chairs, tables, highchairs and booster seats
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that the overall guest experience exceeds expectations and anticipate guests' needs
- Greet guests with a warm, sincere smile
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with guest challenges, and respond to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Become proficient in and perform Host duties
- Perform Server readings on the register according to standard operating procedure
- Ensure all Server and Busser sidework has been completed according to restaurant specifications
- Understand and respond knowledgeably to questions about the restaurant and menu
- Follow all steps of service
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Successfully complete alcohol awareness training
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed