We are what we believe.
We believe in the power of creativity: creativity that makes people think, feel, and then act.
Creativity brimming with bravery and vision, heart and humor, imagination and truth.
We believe that brands should stand for more than what they're selling.
With culture as our playground and emotion as our craft, we help our clients change minds, win hearts, and create memories.
We believe that good people are the key to creating great work.
Our halls are filled with passionate thinkers and makers, seasoned experts and rising stars, who unleash each other's brilliance and celebrate every win as a team.
Together, we bring ideas from the page into the world, ideas that are so audacious, so original, so meaningful that they couldn't come from you or me.
We Are TMA. Creativity That Matters.
TMA is looking for an Analyst, Performance Science to join our agency in Chicago, IL. The candidate will be expert in understanding the right tools, resources and questions to create and validate hypothesis as to what is going on with creative, campaigns, media, and our competition. This person will be able to go beyond the ask and answer the need making recommendations to senior management based on marshaling and aligning the right resources, both internal and external to answer marketing problems. This role will analyze, inform and inspire our integrated creative product.
You're a team player and a collaborator. You have an inquisitive mind and understand the tools we use to glean insights are only useful if we define what we want to find out. You are a self-starter who finds the best, and sometimes new ways, to answer specific needs – who knows that data is only as good as the story.
- Use experience, intelligence and inquisitive side to create research plans, and develop insights, recommendations and validate hypothesis.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the tools and platforms utilized by the Agency, their limitations, and how best to integrate information to generate sound conclusions.
- Stay up to date with new options, be open to working with other stakeholders at the Agency, Partners and clients to develop better ways to form informed decisions.
- Partner with our media agency to leverage insights and tools from a creative perspective contributing to agency Points of View and recommendations.
- Create reporting content and protocols that capitalizes on the investigative process and analyzes data to form high level actionable recommendations to leadership.
- Conduct secondary and primary research to uncover and develop new and improved understanding of what consumers are reacting to and why.
- Develop hypotheses based on analyses of multiple data sources – from secondary to primary inputs and advising leadership on appropriate plans of action.
- Uncover inputs and recommend ways to improve the traction and creation of our creative product.
- Bachelor's degree with industry emphasis or related experience.
- 1+ years of experience in consumer marketing, market, and metrics for consumer-facing brands. Agency experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated and able to creatively and strategically solve multiple problems at once, under quick deadlines.
- Working knowledge of panel and syndicated data such as Simmons, YouGov or other leading platforms.
- Basic knowledge of social media metrics and/or third-party reporting tools such as Brandwatch, Netbase, Radian6 or other leading platforms.
- Working knowledge of survey writing or focus group conducting, synthesizing, analyzing, and reporting a plus.
- Moderate knowledge and comfort with Tableau or data visualization tools.
- Advanced Excel is a must. Candidate must have experience working with large data, reporting databases, and have the ability to sort, analyze, import, export, clean data, work with pivot tables, etc.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft suite of products.