Requisition Number: ITSUP05053
The IT Support Specialist I, Inventory reports to the Assistant Director, Information Systems. Responsibilities include installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting computer hardware, software, and network hardware. The Specialist provides support for staff working in and out of a Citrix computing environment. Evaluates all support requests, addressing the issue or escalating as necessary. Specialists will maintain communication with end-users throughout the lifecycle of a support request. This position has an emphasis on Inventory Management as outlined in the responsibilities below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will be responsible for imaging, asset tagging, configuring, and preparing computers and/or peripherals for deployment to agency staff.
- Documents receipt of equipment, tracking and entering information into the asset management systems. This includes such information as the serial number, asset tag number, equipment make and model numbers, who or where equipment is assigned to, etc.
- Provides first-line computer support to all Thresholds personnel. This includes, but is not limited to, installation, maintenance, repairing, upgrading, and troubleshooting networked and non-networked PC workstations, thin clients, and peripherals and Agency-approved software, such as Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains positive “customer” relationships and communication with all end-users.
- Provides guidance and facilitates delivery of IT solutions, including selection, planning, purchasing, and deploying IT needs. Acts as liaison between IS Department and all other departments within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assists with beta testing and workflow review during the design and development phases of software projects.
- Determines when it is appropriate to refer unresolved work orders to senior support personnel or the Department Head.
- Completes required record keeping and reporting, such as the help desk work order database, purchasing, and inventory control systems.
- Participates in the planning, execution, and delivery of special departmental projects.
- Provides service and support at any assigned Thresholds location. Required to travel to and from these sites. This includes transporting computer hardware, tools, software, or other items as needed to perform tasks on site.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Computer Science and 1 year of relevant experience, or three (3) to five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking is desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 Pro OS and above in a networked environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365 with emphasis on Outlook, Word, and Excel is desired.
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- This position requires the use of a personal vehicle.