Adventist Health's Revenue Cycle Operations are jointly operated by Huron Healthcare and Adventist Health. Huron manages the operations and provides the Revenue Cycle leadership (managers and above are employed by Huron), while Revenue Cycle associates are employed by Adventist. Market leaders and hospital, clinic, and physician leadership across Adventist's 21 hospitals and 300+ clinics, are key stakeholders for the Revenue Cycle Operations and critical factors to ongoing Revenue Cycle success.
Adventist Health, in partnership with Huron, is currently seeking a Manager over Revenue Cycle IT, Analytics and reporting to join the Centralized Services team. The manage will be a key player in significant tehcnology initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Technical Configuration
- Content Management
- System Access & Provisioning
- Business Process Management & Governance
Operation leaders will rely on the IT & Business Analytics Manager to manage a team dedicated to resolving technical issues impacting revenue cycle processes and workflows.
Adventist Health partners with multiple third parties for outsourced IT and reporting services. The Manager will collaborate closely with these third parties to implement and manage revenue cycle technology projects in the Revenue Cycle domain. They will be responsible for overseeing Revenue Cycle financial reporting and compliance accountability at Adventist Health. Additional focus will be directed towards driving reporting and analytics initiatives, requiring expertise in revenue cycle process and metrics, EHR data, reporting design and development along with KPI accountability. The Manager will be expected to assist in operational decision-making by providing analytical and data driven insights.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee and manage a team whose responsibilities include:
- Revenue Cycle workflow and analytics tools utilized at Adventist Health in partnership with Adventist Health technical teams. Responsibilities include supporting tool updates and implementations at new Adventist Health sites and reporting system enhancement updates and process changes
- Serve as subject matter experts on Cerner Revenue Cycle Solutions for the Adventist Health Centralized Services & Strategy Team
- Consult operations stakeholders on comprehensive workflows for Revenue Cycle process, including current state and future state, to determine how technical solutions will be designed and tested
- Facilitate setting appropriate ticket prioritization and escalate high impact/priority changes as needed
- Review existing Cerner Revenue Cycle solutions to ensure they are appropriately implemented and governed and are compliment with existing regulatory guidelines
- Advise on and develop solution recommendations with ITWx Cerner partners concerning Revenue Cycle technical solutions and Cerner capabilities
- Support Cerner Testing activities for enhancements and/or upgrades of technical Revenue Cycle solutions
- Support development of training content for solution enhancements/upgrades
- Support resolution of technical inquiries and issues; provide recommendations to resolve technical issues impacting Revenue Cycle workflows
- Responsible for monitoring data integration feeds into revenue cycle workflow and analytics tools and escalating to appropriate parties when data feeds are missing or incomplete
- Responsible for system alignment between Adventist Health's internal reporting team and third-party systems reporting
- Responsible for compiling weekly and monthly report sets and distributing to operational leaders for all patient accounting, cash collection and denial metrics
- Responsible for ad hoc reporting requests from operational revenue cycle leaders with the ability to communicate concise results to enable sound decision making
- Responsible for executive metric report creation, working closely with market liaisons who re who regularly meet with the C-Suite to discuss financial metrics
- Identify improvement opportunities in revenue cycle workflow and reporting, initiates and executes changes in coordination with impacted stakeholders
- Integrate revenue cycle reporting and metrics into planning activities to help the organization optimize results
- Facilitate system access requests for AH managed applications
Manage a team of 6+ analysts while overseeing reporting, system management, access, and IT management for the AH Revenue Cycle
- Represent RC IT, analytics, and reporting in designated leadership forums
- Participate in revenue cycle management and Cerner meetings/forums to help drive Adventist Health initiatives
Partner with Cerner to advance RC initiatives, responsibilities include:Annual project and initiative road mapping
- Coordination between Cerner and RC leadership
- Project prioritization
- Complete ad hoc requests and duties as assigned by the Business Intelligence Senior Director
Escalate risks and barriers timely to key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of revenue cycle reporting processes and analytics
- Ability to translate revenue cycle operational requirements into Cerner system settings and processes
- Understands regulatory compliance requirements for Revenue Cycle technical solutions and reporting
- Expert in Revenue Cycle reporting and is knowledgeable in both patient access (e.g. POS collections, financially secure rates, pre-registration days from service, etc.) and patient accounting metrics (e.g. agings, unbilled accounts, cash reporting, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of EHR data
- Proficient in analytics and visualization tools including SQL, Alteryx, R, Tableau, and/or Power BI
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to design and apply conceptual models to business problems to understand issues and support with reporting and analytics
- Develops strong relationships with management at the senior level
- Strong team management skills and internal team coordination
- Strong project management skills and effective prioritization
- Ability to navigate conversations between operational needs and technical capabilities
- Excellent in quantitative analysis and communication – understands how to communicate results clearly and efficiently
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives as the revenue cycle reporting and analytics leader
- Demonstrates critical, analytical thinking in all aspects of the job – technical and non-technical
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Willing to travel 20% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, business administration, or related health care technology field
- CRCR certification required (or obtained within 6 months of start date)
- A minimum of 5 years of revenue cycle experience, ideally with a focus in patient accounting and other back-end processes
- A minimum of 3 years of reporting/analytics experience utilizing revenue cycle solutions
- At least 3 years healthcare information technology consulting experience preferred
- Expert in Cerner Revenue Cycle solutions including Registration, Patient Financial Clearance, HIM/Coding and Patient Accounting
- Possess strong technical understanding of Cerner Revenue Cycle process and technical configurations
- Integration experience with Cerner solutions and software implementation preferred
At Huron, we're redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client's challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.