Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
As an HR Generalist - International, you will support Invenergy's international employees in all aspects of Human Resources. This position is based in Chicago, IL and will report to the Manager, HR Operations.
- Provides day-to-day support in all aspects of international human resources
- Work with outside immigration counsel to ensure full compliance with immigration laws
- Facilitate the immigration process including non-immigrant (i. e. OPT/STEM, EAD, H-1B, TN, L-I and) and immigration petitions (permanent residence sponsorship).
- Respond to all immigration questions, review issues and employee concerns and provide counsel and education in regards to immigration guidelines, legal requirements and procedures.
- Develops guidelines for international HR policies and procedures, ensures consistency across countries in alignment with Invenergy's strategic goals
- Manages the Global Mobility function including assisting with preparation, coordination, and maintenance of all inpatriate/expatriate assignments and assignment contracts, payroll tracking and reporting, benefits, taxes, expenses, expat issues, immigration, and relocation.
- Develops and provides hands on support to the implementation of human resource processes and initiatives for all international locations including performance management, compensation, annual employee engagement survey, benefits, learning and development.
- Partners with domestic HR team members to help facilitate consistency in the HR practice throughout all domestic and international locations
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field
- At least 3 years of experience as an HR Generalist
- Proficiency using HRIS systems and Microsoft suite
- Ability to operate at all levels in a complex environment
- Flexibility to manage communication across different time zones
- Willing to travel internationally (up to 15%)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
- Knowledge of immigration and global mobility practices
- Working knowledge of global human resources related laws
- Bilingual (English/Japanese)
- Workday experience