Hospital Security Officer - 1st/3rd Shift - Waukegan, IL
SOS Security has an immediate need for Hospital Security Officers in the Waukegan, Illinois area!!
SOS Security is a leading provider of security personnel and related services which help a broad range of corporate, government and high-profile clientele to protect their people, assets, and reputations. In an industry without universally accepted standards, we are recognized for our quality and we treat our clients as partners. We understand the threats and vulnerabilities facing our clients and design customized, cost-effective risk mitigation programs accordingly. We reinvest a significant portion of our profits back into all levels of our organization, so we can create a passionate team dedicated to our overall success.
Schedule: 1st/3rd Shifts Days TBD
This position will be in a hospital environment in downtown Waukegan, IL.
- Must have an excellent appearance and attitude (pride in your uniform and job is essential).
- Must be customer service-oriented, organized, responsible and professional.
- Must be willing to “go the extra mile” in welcoming and assisting building tenants, visitors and client representatives.
- Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have an excellent attendance and job performance record.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with the willingness and ability to function with limited supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task in a service oriented environment.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and be able to hold over to the next shift or work extra hours as needed.
- Must be able to pass drug screening
- Must be able to pass background check
General Job Duties:
- Customer service: directing patients, answering phones, providing direct customer assistance
- Patrol of building and offices
- Responding to emergency situations
- Providing stand-by watch of patients for extended periods of time
- Must be able to physically restrain an individual with or without assistance
- Work in a close relationship with on site management
- Multi-tasking of on-site responsibilities with accuracy
- Enforce Vista rules and regulations and maintain discipline
- Train others in security and safety
- Conduct preliminary investigations
- Assist in crowd control during incidents
- Must have active PERC card
- Random drug testing is required at this site
- Must pass physical assessment prior to hire and every 6 months thereafter.
Benefits are available for Full Time Employees: (Must be 30 hours or more)
Leave: Paid holidays, Vacation/Paid Time Off
Insurance: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group.
Now the fifth largest security personnel company in the U.S., SOS Security’s growth is driven by our ongoing dedication to meet our clients’ evolving security requirements.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States; SOS Security has become the benchmark for quality and professionalism in the field of security since our founding in 1969. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security Team Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS. You will become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients.