Requisition Number: FRONT01762
Viceroy Chicago, located in the exclusive Gold Coast neighborhood, marks Viceroy’s first destination in the Midwest. Located at the site of the 1920's-era Cedar Hotel, among historic mansions and just steps to the Magnificent Mile and Lake Michigan, Viceroy Chicago will offer a locally-inspired luxury experience with 180 guestrooms, including 18 suites. Explore modern, Midwest flavors at the hotel’s restaurant or head up to the rooftop bar, pool and lounge, perched 18 stories high for a sweeping panorama of Great Lake views and Chicago’s iconic, soaring skyline.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Actively engage in the guest experience from arrival to departure.
- Responsible for oversight of guest feedback reporting and department responses.
- Monitor employee performance to ensure adherence to all service, productivity, safety and accounting standards.
- Promote facilities and services, resolve problems and maintain communications with all departments to ensure consistency in the service provided.
- Control all guestroom allocations and ensure that reservations are accurately recorded and monitored to achieve optimum occupancy and revenue.
- Assist with hiring, training, coaching and direct supervision of front office and night audit staff.
- Must be hands-on and willing to regularly work front desk shifts, maintain lobby presence, liaise with guests, etc.
- Assist department heads with scheduling, hiring, and discipline decisions.
- Previous experience in a similar position in a luxury hotel required
- Previous experience in a supervisory role required
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills a must
- Proficient computer skills
- Must have a great attitude and be service oriented
- Solid attention to detail and organization
- Ability to build strong teams and be a team player
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with internal team and outside partners
- Strong commitment to service and highly motivated
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Education: College degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum three years experience within hotel Front Office environment; 1-2 years of management experience.
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
Viceroy Chicago participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice: