BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is looking for an operationally strong, mature and highly motivated FlashBlade Sales Manager who can build and lead a team of focused Account Executives in the Central territory and Canada.
- Lead and inspire a team of Account Executives across several states and in Canada, and ensure that the Pure Culture and Values are embedded into your team.
- Hire additional Account Executives as the business demands.
- Provide leadership to the extended Pure Storage team aligned to your district (SEs, Channel Managers, Inside Sales reps, etc.).
- Closely manage and enable the team’s performance related to KPIs including pipeline growth, partner team alignment, forecast accuracy, POC management.
- Recruit, develop and maintain strong relationships with channel partner principals, AEs and leadership teams.
- Drive sales call activity and lead by example. Ensure that each member of the team attains or over-achieves quota.
- Significant field travel expected.
- Deliver business results which include annual bookings goal, new logo production and AE participation at or above goal.
- Weekly review of activities, pipeline and if pipeline insufficient to deliver plan.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Building a business case and establishing value: develop and present proposals to customers with information that demonstrates the ability of the Pure Storage solution to meet the customers’ business objectives and justify the sale.
- Driving account strategies and coordinating team selling efforts with partners to close business on a quarterly and annual basis.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Technology Sales Leadership experience.
- Passion and persuasion.
- 5+ years successful field sales experience in storage or core Information Technology infrastructure in highly competitive environment.
- Experience working in or selling into High Performance Computing (HPC) environments (Genomics, AI, Machine Learning, etc.).
- Proven track record of recruitment and associate development.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively articulate Pure Storage’s value.
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented.
- Ability to coordinate Pure Storage resources to execute a complex sales strategy.
- Ability to use CRM and other on-line tools effectively.
- Consistent track record of exceeding quota and driving referenceable business as well as proven track record of penetrating accounts, reaching decision makers and closing business.
- Passionate about post-sales customer success.
- Desire to drive change and evangelize new technologies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment experience is key, a mix of large company and startup experience.
- Knowledge of the storage industry specifically: File, Object, Fibre Channel, NFS, and Enterprise Storage architectures.
- Competitive attitude and strong work ethic with the ability to enthusiastically represent the company.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.