Field Information Analyst
With a 110-year heritage, the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) is the nation's premier not-for-profit organization dedicated exclusively to fighting insurance fraud and crime.
NICB membership includes more than 1,200 property-casualty insurance companies, vehicle rental companies, auto auctions, vehicle finance companies, self-insured organizations and strategic partners. Beyond our membership, our nearly 400 employees work with law enforcement agencies, technology experts, government officials, prosecutors, international crime-fighting organizations and the public to lead a united effort to prevent and combat insurance fraud and crime.
A career with the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) is rewarding and fulfilling to people who have the passion to play an important role in combating insurance fraud and vehicle crime. At the NICB, we know our people are our competitive advantage, and so, we offer a work atmosphere that is second to none.
This position is responsible for analysis of data and effective reporting of results to the Director of Field Operations or Supervisory Special Agents. Field Information Analysts generate and analyze accurate and meaningful intelligence from a variety of sources with an eye towards enabling NICB staff, law enforcement agencies, and member companies to make better decisions. Additionally, as subject matter experts they are routinely called upon to provide training to partners, members, and other NICB employees.
Work Arrangement and Description:
This is a field position which means that the individual is assigned to an Area of Responsibility (AOR) and must travel within that AOR in order to fulfill their job responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will reside in the Chicago metro area and will be responsible for supporting the Midwest Region including the Chicago Major Medical Fraud Task Force.
- Operates with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Works closely with Region Personnel.
- Support investigative and proactive activities in the region.
- Edit and analyze data to create actionable intelligence.
- Create analysis reports.
- Develop high quality analytical visuals.
- Create alerts.
- Ensure quality control measures are adhered to.
- Appropriately disseminate work product.
- Maintain contacts with member companies and law enforcement.
- Perform data entry and case support as necessary.
- Assist when requested to set security on NICap reports.
- Source and Link significant entities from NICap.
- Ability to comprehend and effectively utilize analytical software.
- Instruct at analytical trainings as necessary.
- Attend and host industry and law enforcement meeting to facilitate information exchange.
- Populate NICap with information collected related to insurance fraud and vehicle theft in support of NICB’s mission.
- Market Data Analytic products to member companies in assigned region.
- Create monthly region newsletters to member companies.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of all NICB’s products and services.
- Other duties as assigned
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Above average critical thinking skills
- Ability to research and analyze information at an advanced level
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Highly organized
- Ability to multitask
- Flexibility to rapidly adapt to change.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Above average decision making ability
- High aptitude for technology
- Maintains a professional demeanor
- Exhibit high degree of confidentiality and responsibility
- Ability to interface successfully with a wide variety of contacts.
- Ability to travel.
- Operate and maintain NICB issued equipment.
Education, Work Experience, Licensure:
- Associate's Degree, two years of equivalent college-level coursework in a research-oriented field, or commensurate amount of work experience required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience conducting independent, complex research and analysis or investigations required
This position has no direct reports.
- All levels of NICB Employees
- Law Enforcement and Prosecutors at all levels
- Insurance Personnel
- Office environment.
- Travel as required.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
The salary range for this position is $62,900 to $69,100. Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors including the specific requirements for this position, the candidate's geographic location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NICB HR can share more about the specific salary range for your geographic location during the hiring process.
Our benefits are unparalleled! The NICB offers employees a comprehensive benefits package, an attractive 401(k) plan and generous paid time off. For more information, visit www.nicb.org/careers.
The NICB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: NICB is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at the NICB are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.