Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Executive Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support to senior executives, e.g. heads of major divisions or administrative units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules appointments.
- Prepares external/internal correspondence.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors.
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Coordinates meetings and receptions.
- Prepares presentation materials and maintains/files documents.
- Coordinates and produces sensitive reports and analyses (e.g., budgets).
- May coordinate the work of additional secretaries and administrative assistants.
- Works with limited direction from the senior executive and possesses a thorough knowledge of the organization.
- Makes judgments regarding assigned and ad hoc duties.
- Has regular contact with clients, industry and government officials, and senior management in other divisions.
- High school diploma
- 7 or more years related professional experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft application skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Incumbents in this position possess excellent organizational skills and can handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Need to possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.