Engagement Strategy Manager
Curiology is a hospitality experience design and innovation consultancy, with human-centered design at the core of its approach. Our multidisciplinary capabilities include brand design, graphic and environmental design, service design, design strategy, communications and storytelling. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Levy, our clients include world-class, industry-leading venues in sports, entertainment, restaurants, convention centers and retail sectors, as well as clients beyond the portfolio, seeking to meet new and evolving demands of guests across in the sports, entertainment and hospitality worlds.
Whether it's re framing an entire guest experience, or designing a new-to-the-world product, service or brand - we design delightful guest experiences that create new market opportunities, add value and solve meaningful challenges.
Overview of the Role
Curiology is seeking an individual that will serve as a primary point of contact in relationships with Levy operators and our mutual clients. The individual will plan, manage and inform strategic experience design collaborations and workflows, as well as maintain and grow Curiology's in-field and home office relationships that are key to the success of these initiatives.
This is a highly collaborative role that requires a nimble connector with high EQ who will serve as a champion for user-driven experience design collaborations, getting everyone around them inspired and excited to engage. The individual should demonstrate passion and unfailing optimism, with a proven ability to thrive in the face of ambiguity while working toward potentially unknown outcomes that are inherent to an innovation-focused design process.
The individual will have the opportunity to affect meaningful sports and entertainment experiences in the lives of our guests on a global scale at venues in all of Levy's partner categories, including MLS, MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA and Convention Centers, as well as Levy's own Restaurants Group. The role is based at Levy's cutting-edge collaborative design space located on Chicago's Magnificent Mile.
- Win trust of clients for Curiology and Levy by acting as a partner and strategic guide, bonding with C-suite and management throughout our client organizations
- Form strong ties with Levy Operations, Analytics and Strategic Planning staff and work side by side with them to design and implement future guest experiences
- Engagement Management & Execution
- Proactively create, direct and manage the scope of Curiology efforts in Master Planning initiatives, including estimates, timelines, budgets
- Develop, maintain, review and disseminate project documentation to various team members and stakeholders, including status reports, project schedules, budgets, stakeholder interviews, market research, and creative deliverables
- Liaise between Curiology's Experience Strategy, Brand Activation and Communications teams to seamlessly connect our capabilities with client needs and outcomes
- Identify risks that occur within client project and/or relationship life cycles and work with directors and SVP to mitigate as needed
- Strategic Guide
- Inform and support content development for all presentations and outputs related to Master Planning
- Bring strategic direction from the perspective of our clients in all internal project reviews and working processes across experience design disciplines
- Lead work sessions and presentations to operators, client teams and home office collaborators
- Ensure that experience design outputs are indicative Curiology's unique design approach, and also reflective of the unique goals and objectives of each client relationship
- Support Levy's business development team in development of compelling capabilities presentations and design workshops for prospective clients
- Obvious & contagious passion for great experience design, identifying what's next, and for Levy Restaurants
- 3-5 years of experience in working in design firms or related roles as an account manager, project lead or relationship lead. Previous experience with food&beverage and hospitality is a plus
- Highly knowledgeable of design and development processes and experienced at facilitating collaboration between multi-disciplinary design teams and client networks
- Excellent visual communicator and storyteller; ability to connect with team members and partners in the field to explain design processes, present strategic vision and establish the broader "culture of design" at Levy
- Natural curiosity and ability to draw connections between disparate topics and observations
- Knowledge of Apple Keynote and Adobe InDesign is a plus
- Ability for domestic travel
We are a proven innovator in the ever-evolving food and beverage space. At the core of our DNA is the entrepreneurial spirit of our founders and operators that has inspired the company and fueled its continual growth. A natural passion for continual re-invention driven by what truly delights our guests and partners is at the core of our value. Our market-leadership position and varied restaurant portfolio provides a diverse range of account relationships and user audiences as the targets for forward-looking innovation and smart, strategic product & experience optimization.
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.