OSTERIA VIA STATO is hiring DISHWASHERS for our KITCHEN team!
ANY EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS
Regional Italian Cuisine Located in the heart of Chicago’s River North
Osteria via Stato offers a selection of seasonal Italian specialties using seasonal and local ingredients, and a wine list of over 300 Italian labels. Osteria’s rustic honest food and warm, welcoming atmosphere will transport you to the Italian countryside.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You’ll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Responsible for the washing and sanitizing of all food service utensils and miscellaneous items such as plates, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, etc. Also responsible for assisting in maintaining the cleanliness of the back of house area. May have additional cleaning duties specific to the restaurant.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Get along with others and be a team player
- Operate and utilize the dish machine and cleaning supplies
- Wash, sanitize and dry all kitchen utensils, equipment and other items placed in the dish area or as requested by management or staff
- Maintain a pace sufficient to prevent back up of dirty dishes, glasses, etc.
- Return/restock all items to appropriate area after washing and sanitizing procedures are completed
- Read a thermometer, maintain dishwashing machinery and identify potential problem areas
- Identify cleaning supplies and their specific uses and notify management when supplies are running low and need to be replaced
- Assist with general cleanliness of the back of house and restrooms
- Empty garbage (checking for restaurant supplies) and keep garbage area clean and covered
- Comply with all safety and sanitation (including handwashing) guidelines and procedures
- Be proficient in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
- Communicate in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in spoken direction
- Perform more than one task at a time, calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
- Accessibility varies by location