Director Strategic Finance
Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Strategic Finance Director supports the fast paced growth of Home Chef through detailed financial analysis, planning and reporting. This role works closely with company leaders to provide visibility and clear, actionable insights into an increasingly complex business model. Reporting directly to the VP, Finance, this role manages a team of people responsible for the annual budget, monthly forecasting and weekly KPI reporting along with the associated processes and corresponding data. Additionally, this role serves as a business partner to the organization, helping cross-functional teams make decisions through a financial lens.
- Strategic support for company wide initiatives:
- Strategic Planning
- Lead the strategic planning process, helping Home Chef define its long-term strategy by evaluating potential opportunities through a financial lens
- New Initiative Financial Analysis
- Set financial guardrails for new initiatives prior to launch; measure results through detailed financial models to assist in the decision making process
- Conduct financial analysis of A/B tests, making recommendation for next steps
- Finance Team Liaison
- Act as a representative of the finance department, ensuring all aspects of finance are considered as new projects are evaluated
- Ownership and analytical support for key operational FP&A activities:
- Budget and Forecast
- Own the budget and forecast process at Home ChefIdentify path forward for financial planning tools
- KPI Development and Reporting
- Lead the development and reporting of KPIs Oversight of existing data and processes
- Internal Finance Support
- Act as liaison to parent company (Kroger) stakeholdersSupport the month end process
- Ad Hoc Analysis
- Team and Process Development:
- People Management
- Manage and develop team of two associates, helping the team to broadly grow their skill set
- Process Development
- Review existing FP&A and financial data processes, identify areas of improvement and implement changes
- 5+ years progressive experience within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to leverage data to drive strategic insights and make actionable, results oriented recommendations through complex financial models while maintaining “big picture” focus
- Track record in building and creating financial processes, analyses and models from the ground up
- Prior direct people management experience
- Advanced analytics (Excel, Google Sheets) and presentation (PowerPoint, Google Slides) skills with ability to communicate findings in a clear concise manner to project stakeholders and executive stakeholders
- Completion of 4-year degree
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here