ABOUT THE TEAM:
Media Planners at Mindshare are part psychologists, part scientists, part artists, part entrepreneurs, and part politicians. We strategize how brands should communicate with people across the myriad of media channels, and how to do that differently from every other brand.
A rabbit, a leprechaun and little giggly guy in a baker's hat walked into a grocery store…Yup. For 150 years General Mills has focused their passion making food people love. For 3 years, Mindshare has partnered with GMI to connect with consumers all over the globe to tell the stories of dozens of their brands including the staples you remember from being a kid like Cheerios and Lucky Charms to everyday quick meals like Totino's and Hamburger Helper and the modern organic brand like Annie's and Cascadian Farms. This opportunity gives us the ability to think about media from the most mass channels, to the most niche to communicate the breath of products.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Director's role is managerial, but also one of agency leadership. You will own a planning group & their responsibility may extend from complete oversight of assigned clients, to staff management & development. This person sets the working style for the group and is responsible for the media work and planning operations for assigned accounts across multiple media channels. You will provide strategic leadership and understand all aspects of the client's business.
- Responsible for total management of an assigned client's business (both traditional and digital) throughout the entire strategic, planning and implementation process
- Ensure that client delivered day-to-day work is delivered with 100% accuracy
- Collaborate with Group Director in the creation and negotiation of yearly client contracts and supplemental proposals and manage account profitability
- Research and implement new techniques & technologies that are relevant for clients' media strategies
- Successfully lead the utilization of resources to help guide client's marketing goals in their respective markets (syndicated, proprietary, analyst data)
- Draw insight from program results and ensure dialogue with client and internal team on informed strategic implications
- Build and maintain relationships with media community; continue to develop partners and higher relationships for exchange of ideas
- Solicits new industry concepts and tools that will help grow and enhance client businesses
YOUR CLIENT & INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Build trusting collaborative relationships with clients of all levels
- Maintain senior client relationships
- Invest time to investigate opportunities for providing better Client support
- Ensure collaboration among all Agency departments; fosters great teamwork
- Participate and present in New Business efforts and presentations, where appropriate
- Deep knowledge and experience with multi-channel marketing
- Strong client service experience
- Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach to tactical planning
- Understanding of multiple communications channels and their role in brand marketing
- Research experience
- Commitment to delivering creative solutions, and the ability to align team members behind creative solutions
YOUR SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Exposure to planning tools & research software
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Media Tools is required.
- Donovan Data Systems is a plus but not required.
- XPert is a plus but not required
- EZ Tab (MRI, Simmons)
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Social Sciences, or Business administration
- 8-10 years of media planning experience
- Very comfortable working with budgets and numbers and using agency planning tools/research software
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Very articulate in communications (i.e., clear, concise, and understandable)
- Experience with MMM, and ability to analyze and understand results and make strong insights
HOW WE'LL GROW TOGETHER:
- Mindshare advocates career growth! We will explore growth opportunities with you across the GroupM network to help further your career
- Together, we strive to build strong relationships, innovative communications plans and have some fun doing so
At Mindshare, we believe in speed, teamwork and provocation. Mindshare USA empowers people to challenge the status quo, through what we call Provocation with Purpose. We'll encourage you to break the rules, knock things down, rebuild them better, and push the boundaries of what's possible. It takes a team of people who invest in other's success, and together we make Mindshare the place where we do the best work of our career. We're a team that is radically honest – we call this our Authenticity Quotient. We are curious and competitive – that's our Passion Quotient. We embrace teamwork and adaptability – that's our Emotional Quotient. We're proud to be unmistakably #TeamMindshare.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the greater work we can create together.