Lumere is a company with a mix of software, analytics and research built on helping health systems eliminate unwarranted clinical variation and cut unnecessary costs.
We are guided by our Core Values:
- Seek the frontier - Whatever your role, we are inspired by those who blaze trails and challenge the status quo.
- Obsess about impact - It's our responsibility to bring bold innovation that leads to enduring change in healthcare.
- Do your best work - We seek individuals who care deeply about learning and teaching, and high performers who are even more self-aware.
- Welcome respectful debate - Our best ideas have come from active collaboration, are often based on limited information, and can contradict personal experience.
- Succeed, as one team - We have a single purpose and motivate each other to achieve it.
As a Data Engineer, you will build scalable automated pipelines for collecting data from our constituent healthcare systems and 3rd party data providers. These data feeds support Lumere's analytics and research solutions that drive cost-savings and outcomes improvement at hospitals. You will apply engineering best practices to test and deploy new pipelines and to track and monitor pipeline status.
What are some of the things you will help us with?
- Build and operate stable, scalable data pipelines that cleanse, structure and integrate disparate data sources
- Monitor and report on the status and performance of data pipelines
- Collaborate cross-functionally to design and deliver new data feeds that meet business requirements
- Implement development best practices, version control and deployment strategies to ensure product quality, agility and recoverability
- Solve complex technical problems and mentor/support other technical staff on data modeling and ETL related issues
- 5+ years of experience with database and warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ ELT, reporting/analytic tools, and data validation techniques
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with data modeling
- Proficient in the composition of advanced SQL and database performance tuning
- Experience with PostgreSQL, CloverDX, Snowflake, or Python scripting a strong plus
- Exposure to machine learning models a plus
- Experience working with healthcare data (esp. EHR/EMR) is not required, but preferred
- Growth-company DNA – you thrive in a fast paced environment, adapt quickly and successfully manage ambiguity