Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- We are currently seeking a full-time Counselor/Case Manager for our Substance Abuse Outpatient treatment program.
- In this position you will provide individual, group, and family counseling to clients (adults) with substance-related issues and dual diagnoses in a clinically & culturally-sensitive manner.
- Provide a continuum of counseling services to individuals with alcohol/drug related conditions and/or problems.
- Complete intake assessments and treatment planning for clients.
- Maintain a caseload of individual clients
- Complete all clinical records accurately, in a timely manner, and in compliance with state, federal, and agency standards.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field
- Professional certification or licensure (LSW, LPC, LCSW, LCPC, and/or CADC) within 2 years of hire date
- Annual TB test required
- Demonstrate ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and comprehensible manner.
- Competent with computers (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Background check required
Benefits and Perks:
Come be a part of this rewarding environment, and enjoy the knowledge that you’re helping others live better lives, as well as these career advantages:
- Competitive salary based upon relevant education, experience and licensure
- Opportunity for advancement
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare insurance, up to 26 days of paid time off per calendar year, 10 paid holidays, sick time, 403(b) plan, Employee Assistance Program, and flexible hours
- The training you need to learn, grow, and succeed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.