This position is responsible for promoting Conference Chicago and providing excellent customer service.
- Room Setup and Breakdown
- Neatly set room furniture according to group specifications
- Place all unused furniture in designated storage areas
- Unlock/Lock doors before and after all events
- Ensure that proper signage is created and posted prior to events
- Assist in the breakdown of rooms at conclusion of events
- Maintain cleanliness of all furniture and equipment and evaluate damage
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Properly setup and breakdown any needed audio-visual equipment
- Ensure that all audio-visual equipment is properly operating prior to event
- Assist groups with any audio-visual support
- At the conclusion of events, make sure that all A/V equipment is accounted for and securely put away
- Reception Desk
- Answer incoming calls, transfer calls, and take messages
- Provide assistance to conference guest and visitors
- Maintain inventory which includes keeping track of supply stock and a/v equipment
- Assist Conference Chicago Management Staff with administrative tasks
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and organization of lobby and office
Education/Experience and Technical Requirements:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Effectively communicate with others
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-organized workspace
- Ability to operate multiple computer programs and office equipment
- Preferably a Hospitality Major
- Conference Hosts should be available to work 10-20 hours per week including weekends
- Due to unforeseen conference business demands, hosts may be asked to work on short notice
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to accurately operate multiple computer programs and office equipment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.