About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
About the role:
As a Compliance Coordinator at GTI, you will be responsible for supporting compliance operations at various locations throughout the U.S. This role reports to the Compliance Manager and supports our compliance operations teams by assisting with administrative duties for a fast-paced, energetic cannabis business. If you have 2+ years of experience in administration, pride yourself on your immaculate attention to detail, and feel eager to take on a new challenge – we’re looking for you!
- At the direction of the Compliance Manager, tracks and sends regular reminders for recurring operational inspections, reports to government agencies, and renewal of cannabis licenses/registrations/permits to confirm all compliance deadlines are met
- Assists with maintaining and tracking corporate officer agent cards to ensure card renewals are prepared with the required documentation and submitted in a timely manner to regulatory agencies
- With oversight from the Compliance Manager, electronically organizes and maintains all compliance documents, using the company’s internal document control system
- Handles all calendaring and scheduling of meetings and calls as well as planning of travel itineraries for the Compliance operations team
- Works with Compliance Manager to prepare documentation to send to regulatory agencies for license renewals, advertising submissions, packaging submissions, and product submissions
- Prepare weekly compliance status report for Compliance Manager
- Provide general administrative support to Compliance department
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of administrative experience; legal or compliance administrative experience preferred
- Experience with cannabis regulation or related regulated industries preferred
- PC, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Adobe proficiency
- Accuracy and high attention to detail a must
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.