Requisition Number: COMMU05014
Do you care deeply about social justice? Consider joining us by becoming a Community Support Specialist! Working at Thresholds means making a difference in someone’s life every day. For decades, Thresholds has provided mental health and substance use services in Chicagoland and surrounding counties that give hope to those who need it most.
Take advantage of our excellent training programs to learn the latest in evidence-based clinical practices. Enjoy flexibility and autonomy in how you accomplish your work. At Thresholds, one of Chicago’s award-winning best workplaces, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, opportunities for growth and continuing education, and clinical supervision for LCPC/LCSW licensure.
Thresholds Community Support Specialist-ACT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct service to clients through individual and group counseling/therapy, vocational support, crisis intervention, and psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Identifies risk factors related to relapse and develops relapse prevention plans and strategies.
- Develops and reviews members’ care plans by identifying goals, objectives, and specific mental health services needed.
- Teaches members independent and community living skills, such as housekeeping, meal preparation, coping skills, etc.
- Provides support to members with collateral social service agencies and the community.
- Documents services provided in an Electronic Health Record in a timely manner.
- Shift Time: Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30p with rotating weekends and rotating crisis on-call.
Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related field required.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Daily access to a personal vehicle
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to provide transportation for members of the program
- Must obtain and maintain liability car insurance of:
- $100,000 per person bodily injury
- $300,000 per accident
- $100,000 property damage