At Clarity Insights, our consultants are strong analytical thinkers that have a desire to work in a fast-paced, highly-technical environment. Our consultants have diverse backgrounds; however, many hold degrees in technical fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Physics.
Clarity Insights is seeking motivated and talented college graduates for a Chicago-based data engineering opportunity. As an entry-level Client Consultant, you will embark on a challenging and rewarding career that starts with hands-on training in a real client environment implementing cutting-edge business analytics solutions.
Ideal candidates possess the following attributes
- Developing data integration and analytics applications using industry-leading technologies
- Learning and applying new technologies and frameworks (e.g. DevOps, Security Administration, Agile, Data Engineering and Business Analysis) designed to answer our client’s biggest data challenges
- Working with experienced teams to ensure application quality and scalability in a Big Data environment
- College diploma or university degree
- Highly analytical and demonstrated technical aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership and teamwork experience
- A strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- 0 to 3 years of experience
- Must live in or open to relocation to the Chicago,IL area
- At this time, we are only considering candidates that do not require Visa sponsorship or transfer now or in the near future
- Must be located in Chicago, IL
Experience with any of these skills is preferred
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Netezza, Teradata, DB2, Gemfire)
- Experience developing and scripting in Linux and Unix-like OS environments
- Object Oriented Programming and Scripting experience (Java, C#, C/C++, Python, Perl, PHP, Fortran)
- Data Integration Tools (Informatica, DataStage, Ab Initio, SISS)
- Information Delivery Tools (MicroStrategy, Cognos, BOBJ, SSRS, SSAS)
- Data Visualization Tools (Qlikview, Tableau, PowerBI, Zoomdata)
- Statistical and Analytics Tools and Platforms (Python, SAS, R, Matlab, Mahout, NLTK, Bayesian Models)
- Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, NoSQL, Vertica, Redshift)
- Cloud expertise (Microsoft Azure or AWS)
Why Clarity Insights, Why Consulting and Why Now?
We don’t try to be everything to everybody all the time. We specialize in Data & Analytics and will remain a platform and tool agnostic company so you can grow technically throughout your career. It sounds ridiculous but you actually need to be 100% technical and 100% business with strategy because we don’t hire non-communicative robots who have a one size fits all approach. We often could speak to a CFO or Head of Underwriting about a business or finance problem, and based on the need for real-time and affordable scalability, we can outline – in terms they can understand – why they should think about a cloud solution for big data and analytics. If we step across to the DevOps lab, we can easily pick up on a conversation about Apache committers, OSF, full stack development, microservices, containers – you know – GEEK OUT. We’re not trying to boil the ocean. We want to grow from 400 people to 1700 people in 4 years to take the market an accessible set of consulting skills. We have a lot of fun together. Most people join here and stay here for the people. That said, we are popular so we do rack up some travel miles. I have a million things to share about why that may change and why that must stay the same for now, but here’s a suggestion – if you LOVE Cloud Computing for Big Data and/or Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, etc we should talk.
At this time, we are only considering candidates interested in full-time employment who do not require visa sponsorship or transfers.
Clarity Insights is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity.