Job Title: Category Marketing Manager
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Scope of Position:
The Category Marketing Manager will support defining existing business portfolio, portfolio development and key customer plans. Will help cross-functional business teams in the planning, execution and analysis of various business initiatives related to products, pricing, promotion, and packaging and key specific customers. Will help build plans to deliver on annual and longer term financial goals and collaborate with our retailer partners to drive category growth.
Candidate must have Meat Industry Sales, Brand Marketing or Category Marketing experience. aged/dried meats or sausage experience a plus. This is NOT a remote or WFH position.
Must be a data driven individual with experienced owning his/her department's P&L; experienced with product pricing, as well as reading and speaking to financial data.
- P&L responsibility for assigned category
- Guide strategic portfolio definition and development within the organization
- Analyze the P&L and understands the key leavers to increase profit; responsible for all recommended price actions
- Develop annual marketing plans that meet the growth objectives of the segments and key customers based on market and industry trends, SWOT, competitive review, and category review
- Define segment strategy and customer strategy to support Sales and Business Development
- Support segment and customer specific marketing programs that optimizes product assortment and analyze demand and category sales at the customer
- Support sales with tools, materials and selling insights they need to achieve sales objectives
- Track performance of a product categories and/or customers and analyze sales volumes, market share trends and competitive activity
- Measure, analyze, and report on success of customer marketing programs
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs throughout the selling and supply chain
- Identify product and customer initiatives to drive growth and/or profitability
- Act as a mentor for the team.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree Bachelor’s degree (Marketing / Business / Finance); Masters preferred
- 5+ Years of Meat industry Sales, Brand Marketing or Category Management
- 2+ years of Supervisory or Management experience
- Aged/dried meat or sausage experience, preferred
- Strong Financial Acumen
- Collaboration skills and Cross Function team leadership
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, accuracy and attention to details
- Action oriented with demonstrated drive for results
- Excel and Power Point skills
- Action oriented
- Project management skills
- Requires inter-personal skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While this position is primarily based in a corporate office setting, travel to the production facility will be required. While at the facility, employee will be subject to extreme temperatures, humid/wet environments and other hazards common to a food manufacturing facility
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.