CASHIER - Loop
BEATRIX MARKET is hiring CASHIERS for our DINING ROOM team!
6 MONTHS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Restaurant Quality Food Prepared To-Go
A quick-serve grab & go experience with a wide variety of tasty creations
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You’ll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Responsible for processing guests’ payment, ringing food and beverage items for guests, collection of payment, and ensuring all aspects of professional service and guest satisfaction.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Get along with others and be a team player
- Be genuinely committed to ensuring that the overall guest experience exceeds expectations, including greeting guests with a warm ,sincere smile and anticipating their needs
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with difficult guests, responding to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Follow all steps of service
- Understand and respond knowledgeably to questions about the restaurant and menu
- Use sales techniques and present and encourage current promotions to guests
- Sell and accurately account for gift cards
- Be able to accurately count a cash drawer and be responsible for the security and reconciliation of the cash drawer
- Accurately account for and balance all sales and receipts at the end of the shift
- Comply with all safety and sanitation (including handwashing) guidelines and procedures
- Be proficient in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment, including the Point of Sale system, Frequent Diner and Gift Certificate terminals, credit card terminals, and radio system
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Perform more than one task at a time, calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
- Accessibility varies by location
Similar jobs you might like
Coast-to-Coast Career Fairs Chicago, IL