On-Call Cook- Food Service
The Cook will prepare and cook to order fast food on a grill, including pancakes, sausage, hamburgers and the like; prepare steam table or other equipment used in serving meals; break down and clean grill after each meal and assist patients as needed.
The Cook will consistently demonstrate support of the SRAlab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Cook will demonstrate SRAlab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Cook will:
- Prepare, cook and serve meals in the cafeteria.
- Provide courteous and timely setup and service in the cafeteria.
- Maintain the sanitation and cleanliness of the service ware, pots, pans, equipment, and work and service areas.
- Follow safe food handling practices, maintain food items at appropriate temperatures and follow established storage practices. Sustain a sanitary work environment according to health standards and Department policies.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of Sralab.
- Reports directly to Food Service Supervisor.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions and use standard measuring devices in preparing and cooking food normally acquired through completion of elementary school.
- Approximately one to three months of on-the-job experience to become familiar with food preparation and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to manipulate various cooking devices and foods weighing up to ten pounds.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal with staff, patients and their families in a polite and courteous manner.
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.