Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world.
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this strategic account executive sales position, you will be responsible for engaging with key customers to sell Wabtec's Port Solutions product. You will be responsible for identifying new sales opportunities, identifying, managing and solving conflicts with clients and meeting time deadlines for customer accounts among other responsibilities. You will collaborate with the software development teams and product management in order to drive key activities, including prospecting, strategy planning, executive relationship development, discovery assessment and pilot programs.
- Establish a deep understanding of customers' business needs by creating value to customers for our solution footprint.
- Add value to the customer's business and maintain a goal oriented approach to the business partnership.
- Demonstrate to customers how they benefit by partnering with Wabtec and how our solutions deliver results.
- Aggressively develop and drive a sustainable commercial and solution strategy across multiple customer divisions and North America that is aligned to the agreed account goals.
- Develop and execute an Account Playbook that formalizes the “go high / go low“ strategy for the Enterprise account. Where applicable, develop a joint Governance process with executive sponsorship that aligns along the following pillars – Commercial, Product/Technology, Implementation and Support.
- Analyzes sales pipeline and maintain an array of opportunities to ensure that sales goals are achieved.
- Actively grow and maintain a multi-year account plan that will be shared with parts of our business including Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Professional Services, and the Development teams to ensure coordination across the business.
- Ensuring a Professional Sales Experience for customers during all aspects of sales process and touch points including: Formal meeting agendas, formal follow-up stating sequence of events and next steps in writing, and issue resolution in a timely fashion.
- Formulates the winning proposals based on a cohesive strategy that leverages deep knowledge of industry, customer and Wabtec product.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years demonstrated understanding of intermodal and multimodal transportation operations
- Minimum of 5 years of software industry experience minimum with proven track record
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience collaborating with Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders, and 3PLs; along with standard transportation carriers (vessel, rail, truck)
- Preferred ocean supply chain or maritime experience (ideally 3-5 years)
- Strong business analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills
- Identifies the customer's business and strategic needs, concerns, and desires for the value delivery capabilities of the products
- Adopts a holistic systems perspective. Empathizes with multiple points of view. Challenges program/product planning assumptions
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
- Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
- Emotional Intelligence, ability to influence up and out
- Accountable for policy decisions with incomplete, conflicting information and uncertain long-term dynamics
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.