Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Business Development professional, with proven success in the sediment management/port & harbor market. At Foth, with our strong emphasis on our clients and teamwork, we refer to this individual as a Client Team Leader. This position will be working out of our Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, Green Bay, WI, Milwaukee, WI or Madison, WI location.
This individual will be responsible for developing business focused on the sediment management/port & harbor market, with public ports & harbors and waterfront cities.
- Develop/implement competitive strategies for acquiring targeted clients and expand the relationship with existing clients
- Lead development of proposals/presentations
- Develop and maintain long term, relationship-based client relationships
- Interface with the client to ensure satisfaction with services delivered
- Develop win/win pricing strategies for Foth and our clients
- Deliver an annual profitable portfolio of $1M or more in professional fees
- Develop strategies to address client risk, execution concerns, and stakeholder issues
- Work with Foth project management and clients to ensure project success
- Communicate to Foth’s project team to facilitate effective delivery of client needs
- Provide turn-key or design-build value propositions to Foth clients
- Ensure technical reports are completed per client requests
- Conduct regulatory negotiations
- Own Foth’s relationship with the client, including conflict resolution, unpaid invoices, strategic initiatives, planning, resource allocation, etc.
- Lead Foth’s internal client team
- Mentor and coach team members
- Participate in strategic planning, development, deployment, and growth with Foth clients
- Understand and respond to overall market trends, challenges, and client concerns
- Lead, coordinate, and build teamwork among other team members/disciplines at all levels
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, or similar technical discipline
- 10+ years of experience in engineering consulting services in either the public or private sector
- A proven track record developing, retaining and maintaining clients
- Previous port & harbor infrastructure project experience
- 15+ years of experience in engineering consulting services in either the public or private sector
- Demonstrated success in business development in the port & harbor infrastructure market
- Previous experience developing design/build project opportunities
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.