Bilingual Retirement Education Specialist (Chicago area)
Are you someone who loves helping people reach their financial goals and live their best lives?
Do you like being on the front line of change and innovation that will make a significant impact?
If so, the Center of Excellence- Education Team has an exciting opening for a Bilingual Retirement Education Specialist. We are seeking top talent to join our enthusiastic team. In this role, you will wake up every day to the challenges and opportunities we have to engage with 5 million people through technology and top tier talent – like you!
Additional responsibilities include:
- Embrace our vision that everyone deserves to have the best outcome possible for their retirement!
- Consult with the development and implementation of education plans that maximize participation in the retirement plan.
- Collaborate with the Plan Sponsor, Advisor and internal teams to provide appropriate education solutions.
- Develop appropriate needs assessments that help retirement plan participants make informed decisions about their retirement savings and payout strategies.
- Present workshops and one-on-one meetings for participants.
- Point of contact for participant and plan sponsor needs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent of 8 years of experience.
- 2+ years of experience or more in the financial services industry with experience in personal markets, retirement planning, and educating participants.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish/English.
- Licensing will be required based on state/federal laws and/or company policy in accordance with current licensing policy. The below licenses are required within 5 months of employment:
- Successful Registration as an Investment Company Products/Variable contracts Limited Representative (FINRA Series 6 or equivalent and FINRA Series 63 and FINRA Series 65 or 66).
- Resident Life and Health appointment must be attained.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Must have proven record of success within an education, retirement sales or related field.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Must understand all Principal products and business unit operations.
- Ability to travel up 75% of the time, locally and 25% of time, overnight.
- This position may be subject to SEC restrictions on personal political contributions.
Salary Range Information
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
$63800 - $88000 / year
Primary location will be in Chicago, IL area with regional travel expectations throughout the region. When not meeting with clients, you will be able to work from home or in the office, whichever you prefer.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Nonimmigrant Workers and Green Card for Employment-Based Immigrants
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.