Banquet Setup Manager - Hilton Chicago
The Iconic Hilton Chicago located on picturesque Michigan Avenue is searching for a Banquet Setup Manager to join their dynamic events team. In the heart of Chicago, this hotel offers the opportunity to grow your career while contributing to the overall success of its memorable events.
Located on South Michigan Avenue and overlooking Grant Park and Lake Michigan, this hotel offers 1,544 guest rooms and suites, 234,000 square feet of meeting and event space, and exceptional dining options.
In this role, you will oversee Facilities Floor Supervisors, and a large set up team on the banquet side of the operation. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader who is dedicated to excellence, creative, a team player, extremely organized and thrives in a high-volume environment. This individual must be well-versed in convention/meeting based hotels. At least 2-3 years of management experience in a high-volume hotel is highly preferred. Prior union experience is huge plus!
For more information on the property, please visit:
- Hilton Chicago
- Hilton Chicago Hotel (@hilton_chicago_hotel) • Instagram
What will I be doing?
A Banquet Setup Manager is responsible for inspecting and ensuring the proper set up of all banquet functions in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee daily shift of the Facilities operations to include, but not limited to, providing instructions for set up, break down and event servicing according to guest/client specifications and hotel standards, coordination of information regarding exhibitor's lists, floor plans, billing arrangements and permit and exhibitor kits
- Train team members
- Assist with department forecast
- Assist with planning, organization and execution of all banquet functions
- Establish and maintain working relationships with exhibit hall and public space contractors
- Maintain established cleaning schedule for meeting rooms and event space
- Greet clients and guests and respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
What are we looking for?
- 2-3 years of banquet set up or banquet management experience
- Open availability to work varying days and shifts
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Hotel and/or Union experience preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of Delphi preferred
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
What are the benefits of working for Hilton?
Hilton is proud to support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Go Hilton travel program: 100 nights of discounted travel
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Hilton Shares: Our employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - you can purchase Hilton shares at a 15 percent discount!
- Maternity and parental leave, including 12 weeks of paid leave for birthing parents and four weeks of paid leave for eligible Team Members,including partners and adoptive parents
- Debt-Free Education: Team Members will have access to a wide variety of educational credentials through our partnership with GuildEducation, including: college degrees and professional certifications
- Flexible shifts and days off
- Comprehensive Health Insurance coverage for you and your family, including Telemedicine and at-home care via AmazonCare
- Mental health resources including free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K plan and company match to help save for your retirement
**Available benefits may vary depending upon property-specific terms and conditions of employment**