At Belvedere Trading, our Team Leads are responsible for designing and leading projects from start to finish. They are thorough in code reviews and push for quality from their team members. Team Leads are very well versed with the current codebase, its constraints, and gauging risk impacts by looking at design and code. This role is also tasked with nurturing and enforcing technical practices among team members. In this role, the individual would both manage the team and regularly develop in parallel.
What you'll do
- Display strong vision and leadership skills
- Easily recognize system deficiencies, architectural needs, and implement effective solutions
- Monitor and ensure that the systems are running correctly and manage testing and deployment queues
- Motivate team to achieve team goals and encourage collaboration among members
- Provide training and mentorship to team members and ensure that team is cross-trained
- Understand the team's system integration with the rest of the Belvedere system
- Help resolve team conflict and demonstrate respect when working with others
- Architect and implement back-office solutions, working closely with Belvedere clerks and the Accounting group to support our trading
- Reconcile Belvedere back-office with clearing entities
- Extreme proficiency in SQL and data analysis and modeling
- Manage and support team-owned components ranging from production issues to long term strategic planning
- Collaborate with product managers, Accounting, and stakeholders to develop solutions for our systems
- Identify issues and tune and optimize the platform accordingly
- Partner with other teams and traders to provide core components for their requirements
What you'll need
- 5+ years of technical experience
- Strong focus on testing and automation
- Experience working in SQL and C# code base
- Experience designing scalable database solutions
- High quality standards for architecture, design, and implementation
- Well versed in all areas of delivering technical solutions
- Proven track record of providing constructive feedback to management and peers
- Excellent combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal skills
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market-making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodity, interest rate, exchange-traded fund (ETF), and equity index options. You name it, we trade it. This wouldn't be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
Not sure what this means? No sweat. Our in-house learning and development team, Belvedere Trading University (BTU), will teach you most everything you need to know.
You should know we've created a company and a culture that we love. One that we want you to strive and thrive in, regardless of your position or tenure. Team Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.
Sponsorship is not available for this position
No third-party recruiters
Refer to a Friend
Copyright 2019 Belvedere Trading. All rights reserved. Powered by ApplicantStack™ Applicant Tracking System