Tradewater is a mission-based company headquartered in Chicago and operating around the world. We collect, manage, and destroy greenhouse gases. Our projects are designed to fight climate change and create economic development opportunities. We believe companies with this mission are better positioned for growth and success in a changing economy, and we are proving it year over year.
Tradewater places value on questioning our existing service lines, pushing the boundaries of innovation, and producing beneficial solutions for the company. The Research and Development (R&D) Associate will be responsible for contributing to a culture of collaboration to ensure the efficiency of the innovation process. This is an innovation delivery role.
This role is an ideal fit if you have proven project management experience, research skills, can synthesize data, prepare reports quickly, and have a curiosity-driven approach to getting to the bottom of any question.
- Manage internal and customer-facing projects in diverse areas including greenhouse gas inventory consulting, refrigerant management, and product development
- Research the technical, market, and regulatory context of innovation concepts to identify constraints and opportunities, and communicate them clearly in reports, memos, whitepapers, and presentations
- Analyze data and build models to evaluate and understand innovation projects
- Use fatal flaw analysis to achieve a green light for implementation of innovation projects
- Shepherd new ideas from conception through development, piloting, and handoff to other departments
- Work with key internal partners such as operations and marketing to realize connected innovation opportunities
- Create and develop strong working relationships with peers and management
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred in a quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience managing projects
- Experience in planning, setting priorities, and managing multiple projects across multi-functional teams
- Capacity to critically analyze market information and sustainability trends
- Data-driven; experience performing data analysis and building simple models in Excel or other tools preferred
- Experience with greenhouse gas accounting and/or climate reporting standards preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and create clarity for decision making when a diverse range of options are available
- A willingness to focus on how something might work and not be deterred by the many reasons it might not
- Creative and open attitude
- Enthusiasm for our mission to collect, manage, and destroy greenhouse gases
- Comfort working in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Tradewater provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Tradewater offers a competitive salary and good benefits. If you are interested, please submit your application.
An initial phone screen will be held with qualified candidates, followed by up to three rounds of interviews and discussions with Tradewater’s leadership.