Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Assistant Director of Finance to join our team at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront location in Chicago, Illinois.
The Assistant Director of Financial Services is responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of the Accounting staff, ensuring that a highly productive and well-trained staff is always maintained. The Assistant Controller ensures the accuracy, consistency, and timeliness of the financial reporting and Accounting functions while providing information and assistance to the Controller. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of 4 years of related progressive experience in hotel Accounting or related field; or a 4-year college degree with an Accounting/ Finance concentration and a minimum of 2 years of related progressive experience; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 4 years of related progressive experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing and in the operation of all hotel-specific systems.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work, exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Wyndham's established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management.
- Monitor the capital planning process by assisting management with the calculation of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid process, and ensuring proper upkeep of the property by evaluating scope of work and specifications.
- Ensure hotels' compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels' financial objectives.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliation's are reconciled on a timely basis.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Assist the Director of Finance with all Accounting related items.
- Continually focus on training and development programs for the Accounting associates to cultivate the “brightest“ and “best“ talent within the industry.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Maintain compliance with Wyndham' standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Ensure the proper utilization, maintenance and periodic upgrades of all equipment.Assist in preparation all financial reports in accordance with Wyndham's requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines, i.e.,
- Weekly: A/R & A/P Aging, Flash Reports, Payroll Reports, Revenue Updates
- Monthly: Financial Statements, Forecasting, Key Statistics Report, Cash Flow
- Annual: Budgets, 5-Year Plans, 5-Year Capital Plans
- Conduct and/or attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Executive Committee, Sales and Service, Financial Review, Departmental, Budget & Forecast, Credit & Collection, Wyndham Business Review
- Monitor hotels' compliance in meeting required report deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
- Monitor the accurate production of the hotel daily operating report.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront, 71 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60601
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
- Bring your best every day
- Put our guests first
- Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
- Best-in-class training and career development
- Supportive and engaged team
- Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply now “
Find similar jobs:
Maintenance and Engineering, Finance and Accounting
CREATE JOB ALERTS | VIEW PROFILE
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.