The Architect – Data Services is responsible for building and maintaining detailed architecture of the core services platform supporting ecommerce functions on foot locker's online and mobile channels. The technical architect works with the development teams to derive and implement the architecture needs addressing operational excellence. The technical architect must communicate effectively with the project/program managers to identify technical debt tasks. Works with the leadership to develop tools required for the longer term platform vision.
Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you've come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we're making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
- Designing systems to allow for high performance and uptime
- Write well-structured code with the special attention to optimization and scalability
- Be involved in the full software development cycle which includes architecture definition, writing code, testing, participating in code review process and automating deployment procedures
- Effective code analysis and debugging
- Participate in requirements analysis and transforming them into development tasks
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on experience in Open Source Search Technologies like Lucene, Apache Solr, ElasticSearch
- Hands-on experience with programming any of the Java, Groovy, Scala, Python
- Knowledge and implementation in CI-CD pipelines, preferably Jenkins
- Deep knowledge on data structures
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Azure Cosmos DB, Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka