Its Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely—56.7% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2016. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker's 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare“ in 2016 and 2017, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work“ in 2017 by Washingtonian, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor's 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you're looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don't just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
We have multiple Analytics positions openings due to our continued growth!
What You'll Be Doing
The Analytics Analyst will work on a team Analysts, Senior Analysts, and Associate Directors dedicated to a sophisticated Medicaid Health Plan client. The analyst will conduct analyses and develop actionable reports on diverse projects and problems related to drivers of medical/pharmacy cost, benchmark analysis, medical risk, care delivery & coordination and development of regulatory reports.
This person will also identify actionable opportunities to improve our client partners' medical cost and quality, drive membership growth, and achieve satisfaction of their patients and/or members by drilling into medical claims, enrollment data and other data sources using SAS or SQL. The analyst will also have regular opportunities to work directly and collaboratively with the client and other key stakeholders in this fast paced and dynamic environment.
For example, the analyst may generate a report by physicians (by specialty and location) in a network to assess performance, identify high-risk patients to be targeted for population health management, or identify contributors of increasing/decreasing trend. The Analyst will have the opportunity to shape team culture and operating norms as a result of the fast-paced nature of a new, high-growth organization.
The Experience You'll Need (Required)
- Must have a Bachelor's degree preferably with a quantitative major (e.g. actuarial, statistics, operations research, mathematics, economics) or healthcare (health administration, epidemiology, public health, biology)
- 1-5 years of professional experience including recent work with SAS, STATA, SQL, or R (SAS preferred) or graduate school level experience in the same focus areas laid out above
- MUST have experience in an analytics role at a health plan, consulting firm, hospital system or other healthcare related experience
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel (advanced), Microsoft Access (advanced) or other programming language (preferably SAS)
- Independent thinker with the ability to multitask and manage multiple projects with varying timelines
- Willingness to develop and explore new approaches, adapt, and execute quickly and be comfortable with ambiguous project outlines
- Collaborative working style with the ability to work across different organizations and personalities
- Exceptionally strong analytical abilities, with track record of identifying insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrates professionalism and excels at distilling complex data into digestible messages for the client
Finishing Touches (Preferred)
- Experience working with claims or Medicaid data strongly preferred
- Experience with quantitative analytics in areas such as statistics, predictive modeling, process optimization, discrete event simulation, geo-mapping
- Growth mindset with a desire to expand SAS/SQL technical skills, health care knowledge and mastering new BI applications for reporting
Evolent Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Emp