SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an an Advertising Sales Manager to join our Sales Services team in our Chicago or DC Office. Our sales professionals manage every facet and detail of the sales process to drive growth for our client organizations through the sales of their assets. Our goal is to work closely with a client organization's leaders to identify the proper sales strategies to ensure that the organization has a diversified revenue stream that grows annually. Among our services are sales of exhibits and sponsorships at tradeshows; year-round partner programs; and a range of a la carte offerings (print/electronic advertising; website banner ads; regional conferences; and other products as identified by the organization).
What You Will Do
- Responsible for selling all advertising vehicles for each association s/he represents to include, but not limited to, print and digital advertising, as well as exhibit/tradeshow booths, and sponsorships
- Accountable for the revenue of assigned association(s)
- Provide creative input on new opportunities (i.e. possible new advertising sales vehicles), editorial suggestions, promotion/marketing suggestions and other ways to increase revenue
- Some oversight of support staff, including account coordinators, who interact with advertisers and clients
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have an interest in new digital media and sales
- You have a positive, upbeat attitude and a high degree of energy
- You exhibit detailed communication and organization skills
- You exhibit the ability to manage own projects as well as work in the team culture
- You have the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 2-4 years of work experience in advertising sales, marketing or related field
- Proven success in lead generation, prospecting for new advertisers and increasing revenue beyond existing business
- Experience working with both clients and agencies and comfort in selling to high-level corporate executives
- Skill and experience using Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.