About The Job
We are seeking an experienced Account Supervisor based in Chicago to support and lead clients with corporate assignments. This job will be remote until further notice with preference for Chicago based candidates. You will collaborate within the team, provide sound counsel and recommendations to clients, and drive results inclusive of traditional and emerging public relations tactics. You'll develop a comprehensive understand of your accounts – their business, products, markets, and industry influencers.
The Account Supervisor will work closely with senior-level team members to implement reputation management programs for Zeno clients across the U.S. In addition, the role will include new business proposal development and presentations, as well as the opportunity to contribute to the intellectual capital for the firm. You will be responsible for managing the overall quality on projects and accounts, as well as adherence to budgets. You will work as part of a team on a variety of accounts, in industry sectors such as consumer, technology, professional services and business-to-business, but will be expected to be comfortable leading projects and directing and mentoring staff when appropriate.
Media strategy, crisis mitigation, CSR experience, c-suite strategic counseling and relationships are essential to the role. You will succeed at Zeno if you are confident, resourceful, tenacious, have an understanding of traditional and non-traditional PR tactics and the media landscape, and drive great results for clients while building strong relationships with your clients and your team. Experience in professional services, hospitality, food, and change management a plus.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of experience in PR; agency experience preferred
- Must have a strong background in corporate communications and solid corporate media relations contacts
- Must possess exceptional writing skills across a wide variety of client deliverables – including communications plans, pitches, bylined articles, blogs, etc.
- Must have experience developing strategic plans and high-level deliverables that are client-ready and thoughtful
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of reputation management and a working knowledge of traditional and non-traditional media. Proven success in building relationships with members of the media, and driving results for clients
- Candidates with experience in CSR and media experience preferred
- Ability to provide strategic counsel to clients and building credibility with senior level client contacts
- Strong presentation skills, with experience working directly with clients and actively participating in client meetings and new business presentations
- Collaborative spirit, results driven with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work against deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically, creatively and holistically about client programs, fearless in presenting a point of view in brainstorms