As our business continues to grow, we are adding to our advertising sales team in Chicago. This position is for a junior to mid-level advertising sales professional looking to advance their professional sales skills. As an Account Executive, Advertising Sales you will be responsible for selling Captivate’s elevator and lobby network advertising inventory to assigned local / regional advertisers and advertising agencies in the Chicago market. You will identify key accounts in the market, cold call prospects and utilize the impressive breadth of Captivate's marketing and research tools to close prospective deals.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, consultative selling environment, and is passionate about creating solutions that help our clients meet their advertising needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Sell Captivate’s Chicago inventory to regional/local advertisers
- Prospect, develop and grow new and existing profitable client relationships
- Heavy outreach including email, phone calls and site visits
- Engage new advertisers by positioning Captivate’s digital space in a compelling, strategic manner
- Meet & exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Assume campaign stewardship from proposal to invoice
- Continue to refine and hone your prospecting and closing skills
What You Bring:
- A minimum of 2 years of advertising experience or relevant sales experience
- Familiarity with competitive local media in Chicago
- A demonstrated proficiency in business development strategies and outside sales tactics
- Strong outbound sales disciplines, cold calling, written and oral communication, presentation skills and closing skills
- An ability to work independently and take initiative
- A proven track record of exceeding revenue goals
- Desire to work in a progressive, fast paced and growing industry with a dynamic team
- Four-year degree (B.A.,B.S.) from an accredited college or university or relevant work experience
Why You Should Work at Captivate
Captivate offers a generous FTO (flexible time off) policy, matching 401k, commuter benefits & health insurance programs. We encourage work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. Captivate offers a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, through employer matching programs & volunteer opportunities.
Behind the screens of Captivate are real people. Check out our Employee Spotlight page!