Maintenance Technician - Part Time
Pangea Properties is a privately held real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Chicago. We specialize in the acquisition and renovation of distressed multifamily properties in lower-middle-income, underserved communities, where quality, affordable housing options are virtually nonexistent. Founded in 2008, our mission is to be the most respected and diversified real estate company through unparalleled dedication and results for our residents, partners, and ourselves. As a vertically integrated firm, we lead with operations but take a hands-on approach to real estate investment and property management, accomplishing our mission by incorporating data and technology with hyperlocal customer service to all units. In the past 12 years, our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore, and we continue to expand. We are proud to be a six-time winner of Chicago Tribune’s “Top Workplace” award.
Learn more about Pangea Properties here.
Pangea Properties is searching for a talented, ambitious, self-directed candidate with strong maintenance and problem solving skills. A successful candidate will be motivated and excited to work at a fast-growing company with room for growth.
Responsibilities include but are NOT limited to:
- Plumbing: Install both domestic and commercial water tanks; sweat copper; replace galvanized pipes; repair/replace hot water circulation pump; repair/replace broken stack lines; operate commercial rodding equipment; clean catch basins; repair or replace toilets.
- Electrical: Replace breakers; identify, track, and fix different types of shortages; replace light switch/fixture; run an additional electrical line; replace commercial exterior light fixtures.
- Carpentry : Install and repair doors and window systems; install and repair kitchen and bathroom cabinets; framing, drywall, tape, and paint; repair wooden interior and exterior stairs as well as wooden fences; repair and replace baseboards and trim.
- Flooring: Lay ceramic tile around the bathtub surround; lay vinyl tile; repair wooden floors including sanding and varnish.
- Concrete/Roofing: Repair gutters and down spouts; repair cracked sidewalks and stairs; repair flat and shingle roofing; knowledge of tuck pointing and bricklaying a plus.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be EPA certified.
- Access to reliable automobile, cell phone, and valid driver’s license with insurance.
- Honest and able to work in a self-directed, fast-paced environment with minimal oversight.
- Hard working and flexible on hours if necessary.
- Must commit to Pangea - not for contractors.
- Computer literacy a plus.
- HVAC/Boiler Systems: Furnace installation and troubleshooting (both heat and AC); boiler installation and troubleshooting (both steam and water).
- Must be EPA Certified, Type II
- Knowledge of 220V
- Monday-Friday, 9AM to 5PM, 3 days per week