Topgolf is flat out FUN! We embrace our core values of: Fun, One Team, Excellence, Edgy Spirit and Caring. Topgolf welcomes millions of visitors to our sites each year so get ready for super-high volume, great energy, incredible career path opportunities and having a blast while you lead the best teams in the industry – that's Topgolf!
Topgolf participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Assist the Executive Chef in creating and maintaining the Topgolf Culinary Experience; it's famous and fantastic!!
- Support the Executive Chef in the training, mentoring, development and management of the kitchen staff and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
- Estimate food consumption,
- Monitor inventory and purchase product as needed;
- Maintain food and labor costs according to budget;
- Assist in the selection and development of recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality;
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards;
- Help to plan and price menus;
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensure proper safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
- Assist the Executive Chef to supervise kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews and initiating pay increases.
- 5+ years in a Culinary Management role, required.
- Must have the ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on food quality and customer service is essential to success in this role.
- Must have previous experience with inventory and labor cost.
- Demonstrated experience with cooking, menu development and pricing.
- Experience participating in the development of culinary team, strongly preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand or walk for extended periods of time
Topgolf is a global sports and entertainment community and is committed to equal opportunity and is firmly committed to preventing discrimination and harassment, including sexual misconduct, based on legally protected diversity characteristics (such as race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family status, citizenship, genetic information and veteran status) in its application and hiring processes and in its employment decisions. As an affirmative action employer, Topgolf also takes steps to prevent retaliation and to create a respectful, equitable and inclusive environment for our Guests, Associates, business partners, vendors, and the communities we serve.