Manufacturing Engineer II
Overview: The Manufacturing Engineer II develops, documents, and implements repeatable processes required to manufacture Biamp products with a focus on safety, quality, ergonomics, delivery, and cost. Demonstrates independent thinking on projects and problems. Drives for continuous improvement in all processes and to troubleshoot and resolve production obstacles.
What your day looks like:
- Implement repeatable, stable, and ergonomic processes to ensure Production operators can successfully meet, or exceed, established cycle times.
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on quality and process metrics.
- Responds to quality issues and out-of-control events, including preventative and corrective action as well as subsequent continuous improvement projects.
- Resolve process, product, or systems problems that prevent meeting standard cycle-times or create ergonomic issues.
- Drive continuous improvement activities. Utilizes lean manufacturing principles to ensure sustainable improvements.
- Ensure facility layout, production flow, manufacturing methods, and work station design support production requirements.
- Ensure accurate sequence of events (SOE) and capacity models. Compares actual production time to SOEs to determine process performance and efficiency. Maintain accurate process times in ERP system to ensure accurate costing models.
- Ensures all processes have accurate and reliable internal work instructions (IWI) and machines/tools have documentation to ensure safe, reliable, and repeatable processes.
- Develop and maintain risk management documentation (FMEA, Control Plans, etc).
- Ensure the timely release of NPI products by participating in DFM reviews and cross-functional collaboration with the Engineering, Test Engineering, Materials, and Production groups. Ensure technology and processes capable of delivering NPI products.
- Assists with hands-on training of production staff on new or revised processes, products, tooling, and equipment.
- Responsible for bill of material (BOM), workflows, labor content and part number maintenance for manufacturing processes. Implements ECOs and completes ECO tasks as needed.
- Develop Lean Manufacturing skills and knowledge.
- Represent area of responsibility at Daily Management System (DMS) meetings and report out on actions toward resolution of obstacles.
- Interface with Process Engineering team to select/create appropriate production flows
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
What you bring to the table:
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge and skills:
- 2-year degree or 4-year degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of recent, hands-on manufacturing experience in the applicable process area of expertise.
- Demonstrable experience in improving manufacturing processes, including an understanding of and the utilization of lean manufacturing principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and advanced competence in Excel.
- Organized and analytical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with various department personnel.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be willing to alter hours including working weekends as the job requires.
- Must be willing to travel (less than 5%) for training.
- Warehouse environment in a five-story building.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs frequently/occasionally and up to 50lbs periodically.
- Stand or sit for long periods.
- Perform tasks (that may be repetitive) that require reaching, pushing, pulling, kneeling, walking, stooping and/or bending.
- Work in an environment that generates OSHA permissible machine noise levels.
- Use tools that require fine hand skills.
- Visually, observe and differentiate small moving parts.
- Ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as required in designated areas.
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 3 weeks annual PTO and 9 paid holidays
- 401(k) + matching
- Employer-paid base life insurance, short, and long-term disability
- Health savings accounts (with Biamp contribution) and flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discretionary profit-sharing
- Referral bonuses
What we do:
We make the worlds most extraordinary audio and video solutions. For over 40 years, Biamp has created and innovated professional audiovisual solutions that enable great communication. From the smallest of rooms to the largest of venues, we empower true human connection in every space.
As we grow to meet our customers needs and evolve to address the challenges of tomorrow, one guiding principle remains the same:
Biamp connects people through extraordinary audiovisual experiences.
About our company:
- Were growing. In the span of just four years, five companies have joined the Biamp family, increasing our product offerings and expanding our presence within the global market.
- Were global. Installed in thousands of applications in over 100 countries, our products are supported by our employees located throughout 15 Biamp locations worldwide.
- Were empowered. Joining a scaling company means employees have greater opportunities to gain experience while effecting genuine change within the organization.
- Were cutting-edge (but local about it). Initial design, engineering, manufacturing, and testing are all managed within our own facilities, leading to shorter lead times, faster responses, and greater convenience for our clients overall.
Biamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.