Executive Assistant II
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Every leader needs an assistant they can rely upon. An astute and clear-sighted administrative wonder, the Executive Assistant II provides organizational leadership and support to Cox Communication’s Senior Vice President & Region Manager, regional functional groups and/or other executives and other departmental Executive Assistants. In this mission-critical role, you’ll work closely with the department’s senior team and their administrators, contributing to a well-orchestrated team and communications structure. You’ll be counted on for your excellent (and seemingly effortless) interpersonal skills, strong judgment, and confident decision making. You’re adept at keeping sensitive information confidential as well with little to no effort.
Pretty exciting, yes? Read on if we’ve piqued your interest in this role that promises to keep you on your toes.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll be expected to provide artful and seamless administrative support, including extensive calendar management, meeting prep, travel arrangements and records management.
- Naturally, you’ll need to demonstrate a high level of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality, because you’ll be handling sensitive information. You understand that means showing a keen sense of tact, discretion and good judgment.
- You’ll need to exhibit a high degree of responsiveness so that you can plan, prioritize and organize in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- You probably already anticipated this one: While we’re not looking for a crystal ball gazer, critical thinking and adeptness in anticipating needs is essential.
Who You Are
You’re a calm, capable, and charismatic person who knows how to make an executive shine. You’re service-minded and know when to alert your Senior VP to items or issues, and also have the judgment to know when that’s not needed. You’re also knowledgeable enough on important matters to feel comfortable saying, “that might be a bad idea” to your boss when you’re confident it’s the right thing to do.
Speaking of the right thing, you’re a model of integrity, able to maintain confidentiality on any and all matters. You understand keeping sensitive details private is just as important as juggling the Senior Vice President’s daily agenda or travel plans.
You’re naturally wired to be proactive, and you don’t need any Artificial Intelligence to anticipate and respond to the needs of the executive. Your human intelligence suits you just fine, thank you very much. You collaborate seamlessly, and you’re capable of scheduling, planning, and clarifying the purpose of any given communication.
You’re an organizational guru, able to manage everything from travel logistics and calendar scheduling to managing records and tracking down important documents. You also show a strong aptitude for navigating apps, smart devices and generally all things digital.
On top of all these amazing qualities, you also maintain a great sense of humor, because while you know your job is serious business, you never take yourself too seriously.
Ideally, you’ve already had some extensive experience working with C-Level executives and their counterparts and are comfortable with that kind of dynamic environment.
Here are some of the other important qualities we’re looking for:
- Five+ years administrative and/or coordinator experience, with 5-7 years in your rear-view mirror supporting Senior level executives their respective teams
- Expertise in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to relate professionally with executive-level management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to use judgment to field inquiries professionally and efficiently
- Critical thinker with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated experience maintaining confidentiality and discretion given the nature of the work
- Strong digital skillsets and smart tools abilities
- Ability to be available, as needed, to monitor urgent emails, or take calls
- Strong planning, organization, meeting coordination and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work independently, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Apply today and make your mark!
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.