SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Requires regular drivers' license. Drives a truck up to 24ft. Preforms daily vehicle pre trip and post trip inspections. Understands the different types of moving jobs. Drives truck to customer residence, office locations or storages and packs, loads unloads household goods. Serves as the crew leader and customer service representative.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform vehicles Pre-Trip inspections to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order. Turn in Pre-Trip forms to Fleet Safety and report any vehicle issues.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting household goods. Check that doors are securely closed and equipment is placed in the truck's designated compartment.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using straps or covers.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Report to Fleet Management vehicle accidents, mechanical failures, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Before starting local COD deliveries, driver must contact Dispatcher to confirm payment otherwise collect payment from customer. Acceptable method of payments that drivers can accept are certified checks and money orders. When job is complete driver must obtain the customer signature on the form, l “Combined Uniform Household Goods Bill of Lading and Freight Bill“. Return paperwork and payment to the Dispatcher.
- Drive CDL and Non-CDL trucks including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport household goods and other materials.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy. Includes maps and directions, special instructions, surveys, seals and all the required Company forms per job type. Among those are In-House Bill of Lading, COD Form, DD-619, DD-1850, DD-1851, Freight Bill Form, Gypsy Moth Form, High Value Form, Inventory Form, and Inventory with Firearm Note Form, Piano Inventory, Rider, Weight Certificate Form, and Thank You Form.