Context’s Research team delivers bespoke security testing and research to customers.
The team are looking for Research Consultants with at least four years' experience in security research, vulnerability research or software / hardware reverse engineering. All backgrounds will be considered, with the ideal candidates being willing and able to learn new skills and technologies as required.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to cross skill into all areas of research and become involved in research projects for cutting edge technologies.
- Vulnerability research, exploit development and software / hardware reverse engineering.
- Reverse engineering assembly languages such as x86/x64 and ARM.
- Reverse engineering / debugging tools such as IDA Pro, GDB and fuzzing frameworks.
- Security evaluations of new or existing products.
- Software or embedded development, especially secure development practices and source code reviews.
- Modern exploitation techniques and defences.
- Network and protocol analysis.
- Must hold DV clearance.
- Expert knowledge of security principles.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills including writing technical and non-technical proposals and reports, and presentation skills.
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team, including managing work tasks through to completion.
- For senior roles, the experience in managing and delivering complex research tasks.
Our clients look to us to provide solutions to their most complex information security challenges, in order to protect their most critical resources. Our clients trust us with this great responsibility because of the quality of our people; leaders in their field, inquisitive and capable of rising to the most complex of challenges.
Alongside our employees drive and determination to be the best at what they do is Context’s company ethos. We are passionate about developing our staff, through provision of continuous training and development opportunities. We also pride ourselves on our flexible and social working environment.
Location and Travel
The role is based in London or Cheltenham office. Some projects may require travel to client sites.
Salary and package
A competitive salary and package aligned to market rates and including annual review.
Additionally, Context hosts a comprehensive bonus scheme and benefits including:
25 days annual leave, option to buy up to 5 extra days;company pension scheme, contributory of up to 8%;company share plan;numerous voluntary benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, Season Ticket Loan;free eye tests and sabbatical options.
Employees also benefit from an individually tailored learning and development plan which can include financial support with tuition/exam fees and access to various conference opportunities.
Company ethos is paramount and so, in addition to these bonuses and benefits, Context offers a flexible working environment, regular social activities and various day to day extras such as free refreshments.
Employees shall comply with applicable data protection legislation in the course of their employment including the General Data Protection Regulation. In particular, they shall inform the data protection officer of any processing activities which uncover personal data.